It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User
Subs...question for you!!

Ok, I am in my 12th month. I was wondering what you were facing during your 12th month. Honestly, I felt really down today. I am really doing well, I know. Balance is fine (or doesn't ever get in the way), my eyes are still tracking funny, and I have that "fishbowl" feeling. I get that "not really here" feeling "whirry"...just not as bad as when this started.

I still do my exercises religiously, walk, go to stores, go out, exercises....Just have days I feel better, and days I feel crappy. I have had some "normal" moments, but not days as of yet.

Just needing some reassurance. I really hope to get to 100%...and not stuck in this whirry hell.

Thanks for your help Subs. You are kind to stick around and lend us your help!

Old 08-27-2007, 04:05 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Subs...question for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte67 View Post
Ok, I am in my 12th month. I was wondering what you were facing during your 12th month. Honestly, I felt really down today. I am really doing well, I know. Balance is fine (or doesn't ever get in the way), my eyes are still tracking funny, and I have that "fishbowl" feeling. I get that "not really here" feeling "whirry"...just not as bad as when this started.

I still do my exercises religiously, walk, go to stores, go out, exercises....Just have days I feel better, and days I feel crappy. I have had some "normal" moments, but not days as of yet.

Just needing some reassurance. I really hope to get to 100%...and not stuck in this whirry hell.

Thanks for your help Subs. You are kind to stick around and lend us your help!
Hi Charlotte

At the 12th month---no vertigo---still had the vision problems(were driving me nuts)---it was still a pretty much on and off kind of thing.....doing a lot of VRT's, walking dirt roads during the day, blacktop at night(with dog)...doing MEP's....

What was driving it---was the vision---until that gets square away---nothing else---seems to get back to normal---for very long.....and it takes a long time(for me)...

Once that---came in line---about 13/14th month(with occasional "blips" thereafter)---it all start to come togeather...and by month 24---it was pretty much a "rear view mirror" event....still continued the MEP's but not as often---and to this day---continue to walk alot....

Just takes time...how long...depends on the damage and the person and how hard they do the VRT's/walk/move----to present the "brain" with problems to solve----at least that it---for most.....

Try to keep at it---as ur doing now---and as time passes---u'll win!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2007, 08:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User
Re: Subs...question for you!!

Thanks subs..you are a sweetheart.

I guess the chronic nature of this illness has worn me down a bit. I do my exercises, and will continue to do so. With a toddler...everything is a vrt...but I do specific ones too! I keep positive with the occasional moments I think "I will be the exception...I won't get to 100%"...and get down.

It is great that you continue to feel well. I am much better, and continue to do many things I could only dream about 12 months ago. That said, I just wish to wake up and not notice anything...

Do you do any exercises other than walking now? Do you ever think about this illness?

Thanks again...!!!!

Old 08-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Subs...question for you!!

...."Do you do any exercises other than walking now? Do you ever think about this illness?"....

Hi Charlotte

Nope---nothing that would be considered VRT exercises---routine work---keeping the house up, fix windows, paint, leaks in roof when rains and wind is driven from a certain direction,etc.....routine stuff---like that....

Never think about it at all---now!

---when I read this board---then I remember----how much/long it took to get back....how I thought I never would.....

Then---finally---the realism---ur on your own---to make anything----happen.....

----this junk is---a real piece of work!

---Qualified medical types---and they are few and far between---tell u--- its an "Inner Ear"/"Vestibular" problem....

---while that may be how it starts...

---in the end----it's about u & ur--- "Brain"---vis-a-vis----ur fortitude/staying power & desire to win----without much outside help----that-- in the end---- overcomes this junk....

---otherwise---there is no door out----at this time(for most)....

hope it never returns!!!!!

Old 08-27-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User
Re: Subs...question for you!!

Thanks again Subs.

I am going to kick this thing...and I appreciate your support. You are right about how it is about the person and their staying power...

I will continue exercises...and all the activities that keep me improving.

Thanks again.

Closed Thread