It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User
Had a great couple of days.....

Ok, last weekend I felt crappy...head fog, whirry head. Tuesday and Wednesday of this week I really have felt better. Today, I actually enjoyed a walk in the woods with my family (we are on vacation), yesterday we played at the beach..again, not perfect but so much better.

I felt my eyes starting to catch up a bit...still off, but not so bad.

Everyone keeps telling me it will start getting better. All I know is that I have to say thanks for pushing me on!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
(female)

highdesert71 HB User
Re: Had a great couple of days.....

Do you think you are feeling better because of the VRT's?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

Yep, I do them religiously and have done them that way for 11 months. I have added more badminton, and running about with the baby. I walk daily, and go into busy places often.

When I say great...I mean, I feel healthy and like my body is actually having fun...not pushing myself through the days. That is a breath of fresh air...I started out very ill.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Joni9921 HB UserJoni9921 HB User

You have done an amazing job continually challenging yourself this whole year. Sounds like your coming out of this icky phase! Keep it up!
Joni

Old 08-30-2007, 06:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

Joni, thanks!
We both know how hard and long this battle is. I never thought I would have a day like yesterday. It was like my body sighed..and actually relaxed...that has not happened in months. I could focus on my family, not my dizzys...and that is amazing. I have learned much from this illness...
1. to live everyday...making the most of it!
2. Make your own luck
3. Follow your instincts...if you think your diagnosis is wrong...keep asking.
4. Stay as positive as you can
5. find a support system (this board has been so important)
6. when you have a good/great day...don't waste it...go, go, go...

Thanks all of you who give me support when I am down, and ^5's when I am doing well....

Old 08-31-2007, 08:13 AM   #6
(male)

SkipperH HB User

Hi Charlotte, glad to hear you are having good days now. My progress has been slow and complicated. As you know I did VRT through Paul in Portland, still do them but try to incorporate mostly in my daily activities. I had some anxiety with this illness which led to depression. While seeing some improvement from the VRTs early on I experienced a Migraine headache which sent me into a tailspin. The imbalance problem quickly returned. The depression increased too. My current Neuro still has not given me a prognosis, he hasn't ruled MAV as a possible cause, but I feel like at a stand still. The imbalance/dizzy feeling is present always, but the depression is better because of medication. I just never thought I would I would be feeling this way for 4 years!!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

Skipper, honestly you are a trooper. I can't imagine anyone having the dizzys so long and not being depressed. I have not had anxiety with this thing (not sure why, my hormones could have helped). They don't think I have mav, which can clearly complicate things.

They expected me to be better at month 10-11....but I am feeling better after getting some full nights sleep. I bet being a new mom, the lack of sleep and rest really slowed me down.

Remember, we have a dizzy support group (free) 1 x a month. You are always welcome...it is right in Portland.

Closed Thread