It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User
Question Advice???

Just a vent. This is my third week of crappy days following like 4 weeks of like 80% days. It is so disheartening to feel this crappy again. In the begining of this bad spell I was like yeah but it will pass but as you drag into weeks it is just so hopeless feeling. I feel particularly bad today. Yesterday both children (4 & 14 months) had high fevers and throwing up. Well I had to get up at 3 am last night to give the youngest more motrin. I had a horrible stomache cramp that kept me up till almost 5. So I dont know if today I felt so dizzy tired crappy due to lack of sleep, very bad "Labs" day, or if I am sick myslef all I know is i DO NOT feel good. Please tell me this will pass? I mean I am going into three weeks I thought the bad spells are supposed to get shorter?? I need to feel somewhat better I am losing my mind. I was soooo stressed today my anxiety was soaring home by myself with two kids sick and over tired and a screaming baby all day!!! Tomorrow could be better right?? This may just be cause I didnt get enough sleep last night?? Any Advice I am just feeling kinda low.....Also I was thinking of going to another round of doctors after I hit the 7th or 8th month mark to make sure nothing complicated my Labs/VN but then I have to ask my mom to drive me and she will refuse I know it then my husband will have to take time off of work is it really worth going back?? I really want to be a lot better by next spring (1 year) and thought if I saw a different dr and they may tell my insurance comapny i really need to get into PT (insurance really only cover 1 visit unless it is waranted) and I was hoping after 7 or 8 months would be enough for the dr's to say "hey she really needs to get into PT i think she needs to be covered and it would be beneficial to her...."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User
Re: Advice???

My advice would be just keep up with your VRTS. My blips would last weeks too feeling just horrible. Its apart of recovery. By trying to goto another PT maybe useless. All they are going to do is give you exercises that BalanceofChicago has posted on the boards. They dont have a magic pill to make everything go away. Honestly, many people felt a turning point around 12 months or so. This illness you can not put a time on it. It will go away when your brain has been retrained.

I would give yourself time to get better. You really havent had VN for along time, eventhough it feels like a lifetime. I know its hard with kids, but I also worked everyday with it. It was really hard, but I think overall it helped me.

Docs say that recovery time is 2-3 years, and I think that they are right. Most people that recovered on the board took roughly around 2 years.

You know what to do, keep your activity up with your VRTS. Just stay strong!

Cathy

Old 08-29-2007, 04:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

D&S...I think Cathy is right. Now you feel terrible...defeated...Honestly, the exercises that Balance gave us are the ones I got when I paid 200$ a session in Portland. I am at month 12, and had a couple of GREAT days...I do vrts religiously...and have a 10 month old. It isn't easy when she is not doing well, or when I am having bad days...but it does get better and better.

What has helped me is:

Sleep. I have had 5 nights of 8 - 10 hour sleep...and it has made a WORLD of difference.

exercise: I have exercised along with vrts all along...badminton, swimming...whatever. Even if I feel like crap...I do it.

Relax: when I am really bad (doesn't happen much anymore) I get a family member to help out and I try to take 1 hour or so to just chill out. Take a nap, sit out in the sun...try to get in better spirits.

Stay positive: Isn't always easy, and I ***** when I need to (thanks Jax)...but try as much as you can to know you WILL get better!

Hope this helps. You are doing great.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

I am just so frustrated. Both the kids have had a stomache bug and I feel horrible today so I am going to assume I am coming down with that. Maybe that is why the past few days have been horrible. Doesnt explain the past month but the last few days maybe. Last night it felt someone was pushing down on my head and it sucked! It felt all day like i was right on the "edge" of a vertigo attack. You know if this was any phsyical ailment that you could focus on like a broken leg or something I would be fine. This is just a terrifying illness I hate being scared of what my head is doing!!! Everytime I feel off or really dizzy it is soooo scary. I dont know i am just feeling hopeless rioght now if i could have a good day here and there during a bad stretch I wouldnt get so down.....I will have good days again right???

Old 08-31-2007, 05:49 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

mnsk HB User

Hi , Im sorry your feeling so low at the moment, I think lack of sleep doesnt help when you have dizzy problems. Im sure that on the way to recovery we should have some blips ? Its just so disheartening when it happens isnt it.

My husband is taking monday off to take me to the audiologist , it makes me feel guilty but what else can we do ?

Thinking of you xxx

Old 08-31-2007, 08:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

You will have good days again...and the bad days will even get better. Illness causes decompensations all the time. You are doing great. Keep in mind that this will go....just not today.

Keep doing the vrts.

Closed Thread