It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User
Migraines??

I have been having ALOT of headaches lately. Do you think I could be getting MAV? My mom thinks I should ask doc about a migraine med but i react badly to a lot of med so worried it would be horrible. Is it something daily? is it just a strong pain reliever?? Whats a good OTC med for migraines??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User
Re: Migraines??

Sometimes I start getting headaches for no apparant reason.. They are terrible, I dont think they are migraine related, but who knows.. They tend to last all day... I try not to take anything for them if I can, because you usually get a rebound effect from that and they continue for longer....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2007, 05:57 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User

Your brain and eyes are working overtime, headaches wouldnt be uncommon with this illness. D&S, do you have any triggers for your headaches? Have you had migraines before?

Old 09-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

Yep, had headaches tons at the start. They never come now...

Old 09-01-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

No i have not noticed any triggers but screaming kids certainly amplify them. And the headaches do tend to last all day. I take tylenol but most of the time it doesnt put a dent in them....

Old 09-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Joni9921 HB UserJoni9921 HB User

An accupressure point for headaches is squeezing the webspace of your hand. Squeeze pretty hard and hold until the pain subsides. Lots of people have success with this. Its certainly worth a shot!

Old 09-02-2007, 05:28 AM   #7
(male)

BennyGibb HB User

Headchaes are very common with vestibular stuff... An inner ear problem can't induce migraine in someone who is not a mirgraine suffer - though it could trigger an attack in someone who is...

Nearly everyone with an inner ear problem will get neck pain and headache at some stage - it's usually a direct result of the head and neck muscles working over time to keep you head still. It's also possible that some automic stabilisation muscles will stop functioning correctly becuase of the faulty vestibular signals, so other muscles (which are not designed to keep the head stable and fixated) will take over - and that's enough to induce the most terrible headaches.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:28 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoniMichelle View Post
An accupressure point for headaches is squeezing the webspace of your hand. Squeeze pretty hard and hold until the pain subsides. Lots of people have success with this. Its certainly worth a shot!
Everytime I have a headache and my hubby is around I make him do that. He sighs but he loves me so it makes up for it!

Old 09-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

Has anyone tried exedrin migraine?? My husband picked some up today has it helped anyone??

Old 09-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User

it works great, but there is caffiene in there and it will probably give you an anxiet attack. Caffiene will do that to you. Sspecially now you are very vulernable to them.

Try aleve with some ibprophen. That also works great. Are you sure you are having a migraine or is it just a horrible headache?

Old 09-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

Tried them all...they all help.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

sometimes it is a migraine but most of the time just a horrible headache

Old 09-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User

I would def take something without caffiene, you dont want to bring on anxiety. Sounds like you are going through a rough period right now, and thats the last thing you'll want to do. Relax, and also put some ice on your head, that will help. Or take a bath with epsom salt. Right now you need some peace a quiet to yourself. Ask your husband to take the kids to the park for awhile, so you can just lay down and get some rest. This period will soon pass.

Cathy

Old 09-03-2007, 05:32 AM   #14
(male)

amww HB User

I would be interested to know how you define the difference between 'a horrible headache' and a 'migraine'?

Closed Thread