It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 04:50 AM   #1
(female)

Rosie the 3rd HB User
Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Hello, I have been suffering from various noises in my head for a few months now and am waiting for an MRI scan. Can anyone tell me if this sounds familiar to them? I am not troubled much at all in the daytime although I am aware of the low droning noise and sometimes it is abit louder but I wouldn't say it is troublesome in the daytime. But at night I feel the situation changes alot-if I don't get to sleep straight away the droning gets louder and louder and seems to wake me in the night it is so loud.It almost feels as if the inside of my head is vibrating abit. I feel as if I have a really bad headache in the mornings and that I wouldn't be able to hear a thing in my house as the noise is so loud-but once I get up it subsides and goes back to a background noise. I wouldn't think I worry about it in the night alot so why does it become so troublesome. Is this tinnitus symptom or does it sound like something is being pressed on by lying down? Can anyone help?

Old 09-11-2007, 06:16 AM   #2
(female)

Rosie the 3rd HB User
Re: Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I've posted several threads but am getting no replies. As this is an inner ear forum, I guess there must be a few people on here with tinnitus. Can anyone give me the benefit of their experience?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2007, 12:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User
Re: Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Sorry to hear this is troubling you, I don't think I can help much I have the tinnitus, but mine it high pitched and constant, doesn't change with movement or position, it's just there, I did have a droning for about 3 days after taking a 12 hour flight and being seated over the wing which was very noisy, but that faded just leaving the usual sound I have.
Could it be you notice it more at night beacuse there are fewer background noises?
Jayne

Closed Thread