It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 08:30 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

sipa HB User
Explain Decomp to me please!

I've been reading through the threads here, and I keep seeing "decomp" mentioned in a setback context.

I've been doing a lot of reading on this, but while I've seen compensation referenced plenty of time, I've never seen decompensation mentioned anywhere other than here (and other forums of this type.)

Is this something that's a normal part of the whole ordeal? Is it one of those things everyone who has it knows about but it's not studied and therefore not (medically) explained? What brings on "decomp?" What are the symptoms?

Thanks!

Old 09-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Explain Decomp to me please!

Is this something that's a normal part of the whole ordeal?---Yes--can be..........

---Is it one of those things everyone who has it knows about but it's not studied and therefore not (medically) explained?----No its well covered in the Medical Literature...........

What brings on "decomp?" What are the symptoms?---See below:

Simply means----brain has forgotten----procedure(s) developed in the chronic compensation phase.......after a balance injury/insult...

"Decompensation" can be triggered by---bad cold, flu, minor surgery, vacations....etc...

Recovery---is(after--decompensation)---exactly the same---i.e., VRT's ---used for recovery during the chronic compensation phase

---the chronic phase is usually thought/defined to be that period---within first 48/72 hours after the "insult" when the brain is thought to place a "cerebral clamp" on in the inputs it suspects as unreliable....

So-----

Its a good idea---to---keep ur VRT's in a drawer even after u recover to/and----begin them immediately when/if symptoms return....

recovery from---decompensation can be/is usually a quicker---recovery then after recovery following the initial insult to---ur balance system.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread