It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 05:47 AM   #1
(female)

mbaxter333 HB User
Need advice...

So my husband thinks I am making all this up!!!! I am pretending to be dizzy and nauseated!!!(for the last year) I am going to go through the roof! I have missed many, many hours of work recently since before labor day and have now used up all my vacation, ug! Money issues becoming hot. My job is very, very multi-tasking-ish. I generally do Accounts Payable and oversee one Accounts Receivable person, I do quotes, job costing, billing for a small shop. I do work for the family business so I have perks, otherwise I would have been fired by now. What do all of you out there in the working world do when you have a flare up????????? I really need some advice. I really need to work, need money desperately. Maybe this type of job is to "multi-tasking" for me. Any one got any ideas?????????

Old 09-12-2007, 06:33 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User
Re: Need advice...

Sorry to hear your dilemma, and Its great that you work in a business where its family, but its bad they do not seem to believe you are feeling this way. It is such a terrible illness -- and it is often referred to as an invisible illness.. (you look fine on the outside, but you are dying on the inside).

People get the same thing when they are suffering from depression. People say "oh just snap out of it", or "I was depressed when my cat died".. But it i completely different as we all know.

There are some stickies at the top of this board with some videos on compensation. Maybe showing your husband one of those will make him understand more. Some people are just ignorant, so maybe this will shed some light on it. Also look to show him some websites, even *****, or someplace he would view as trustworthy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sipa HB User

I second what Tummy2 says. Show your husband some articles about vertigo from a source he considers trustworthy. If you're comfortable with it, you could suggest he reads this forum. He might be more likely to believe you're not just making things up when he reads that so many others feel exactly the same way.

Also, if you're seeing a rehab therapist or doctor, take him with you to your next appointment. They might be able to explain to him what's going on with you and how you feel. Hearing it from someone else should help.

I'm not really sure what to suggest regarding your work situation. I don't know much about medication that can or shouldn't be taken under your circumstances but maybe you could find out. There might be something that can help you with the nausea without interfering with the compensation process, something you could take as needed.

I know it sucks big time when you have things to do and you feel like this. I hope you can find something that helps.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

I agree with what has been said. We couldn't make something this crappy up. Also, do a ****** for this type of illness...it is comparable to a stroke. Tell him that you have had a stroke and he is being a ding dong.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #5
(female)

parenteau27 HB User

My husband had to drive me to all my doctor visits and on one visit I had to take the computerized dynamic posturography test, standing on a platform while they moved it up and down. The lines went all over the paper and he thought I had Hydrops and he said that there was no cure and I would always have it.

I started to cry and I think he didn't know what to do with me so he went out and got my husband and showed him the results of the test and said the sickness was real and explained to him what it was all about.

When I got home I was so upset to think this was going with me the rest of my life I got out the ladder and painted strips on my entry hall it took me forever but when I look at the wall now I think I did that.

You know it does go away but it makes life so hard.

Closed Thread