It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2007, 04:24 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

mnsk HB User
Whos Having A Bad Day Today ?

HI EVERYONE ,

hows your day today ?
Are you struggling or having a break from all this dizziness ?

well here (south uk) its extreamly sunny and bright and somehow its effecting my balance , when I look out the window everything looks blurrey and wobbly, feel like my head is floaty.
Phoned ENT and the secretary went thru my folder with me, then asked me " did your doctor mention that you may have meniers ?"
when I replied "no" she seemed to change the subject fast !
mmmm what a strange question , she should know cos she was reading the folder , do you think its mentioned in my folder ?

also I have to have balance tests , what are they ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sipa HB User
Re: Whos Having A Bad Day Today ?

Don't worry about it too much. It'll only make things worse. I don't know what those balance tests are but just let them do their tests and figure out what's wrong. Then on to treat it and get better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 11:05 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

I'm feeling a little off myself today. Although yesterday I felt almost normal! I went to the beach with my family, had no dizziness or anxiety - it was great! Since I felt almost normal I had a few "coctails" last night and I am wondering if that is what got me a little "off" today.

The balance test (for me) was basically a series of tests that try to make you dizzy to see how your body responds. I especially got horribly dizzy with the "air blowing in my ear" test - but supposedly if you get dizzy - you are OK. If you don't get dizzy, then there may some vestibular dysfunction.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:47 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

i feel ya....i feel awful today--couldn't even make it to class. i had my first physical therapy yesterday and she did a hallpike around 3:30?? she said i coulnd't lean over and had to sleep upright last night----awful. i didn't feel so bad afterwards, but after around 10:30 last night, it started to hit me. the actual swirling sensation and extremely off balance and nausea----i cried my eyes out when i tried to go to sleep, i felt like i was gonna fall off the bed has anyone experienced that so long after them rolling you around like that???? it was just more to see if that was my problem, because i haven't had any real diagnosis or testing as of yet. but it makes me so scared that i'm reverting back to the beginning of this. as of lately, i've mostly had the 24/7 vision shaking and some off-balance. i will take that over how i felt last night and today--by far. any thoughts on why that is???? did i just get overloaded with the visual stimulation?? afterall the therapy, we went out to eat with friends, and then to wal-mart----maybe just too much???

i finally am going to have some real testing done, but not until NOVEMBER the dr is highly recommended, which is good, but i just hate to wait that much longer. ughhhhh.....

hope everyone else's day gets better!!!

Last edited by alexiwildchild; 09-13-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:11 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Awww, sorry Alexi that you had a bad night. I wonder too if I overdid it yesterday. I was feeling so well that I went out to lunch, went the beach, and them came home and cleaned the house and cooked dinner and watched a movie, etc... Today I feel a bit wrecked...

Sorry your appointment isn't until November. Keep up the work - keep moving, try the migraine diet, etc. Our illnesses won't last forever. They may last quite a while, but not forever.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy7777 View Post
Awww, sorry Alexi that you had a bad night. I wonder too if I overdid it yesterday. I was feeling so well that I went out to lunch, went the beach, and them came home and cleaned the house and cooked dinner and watched a movie, etc... Today I feel a bit wrecked...

Sorry your appointment isn't until November. Keep up the work - keep moving, try the migraine diet, etc. Our illnesses won't last forever. They may last quite a while, but not forever.
thanks missy...those are great words of encouragement---i know i needed them today! sorry you're not feeling well also, i think we may have overdid ourselves did you ever have that manuever done? did you have a similar reaction at all? i just wonder if it was that alone, or everything all together. sounds like you had a nice day yesterday though, so that helps when you have a bad day--knowing you will have another good day!

Old 09-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Once I had that manuever done in one of my many docs offices - he had me turn my head and then laid me down real quick and looked at my eyes, etc. It bothered me at the time, as any weird movement like that does, but it did not linger like yours did. I wonder if in fact you DO have some of those crystals floating around? It's just SUCH a hard call though, because it could have been caused by your busy day, stressing over trying to lay still, not getting enough rest because you are stressing, anxiety, etc.

What kind of testing are you getting done in November? The ENG test (balance test)?

Old 09-13-2007, 06:58 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy7777 View Post
Once I had that manuever done in one of my many docs offices - he had me turn my head and then laid me down real quick and looked at my eyes, etc. It bothered me at the time, as any weird movement like that does, but it did not linger like yours did. I wonder if in fact you DO have some of those crystals floating around? It's just SUCH a hard call though, because it could have been caused by your busy day, stressing over trying to lay still, not getting enough rest because you are stressing, anxiety, etc.

What kind of testing are you getting done in November? The ENG test (balance test)?
i'm not sure, but i think a full array of balance and vestibular testing to see of damage,etc. hopefully it won't be too brutal, and i am gonna call frequently to try to get in sooner if cancellations come up. she laid me on one side for a minute, laid me on my back for a minute, and then to the left side for a minute--all while my head was laying off the table and her holding onto it. who knows what my problem is, i think she was hoping that would do it...HA!
what all tests did they do to you?

Old 09-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

sipa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiwildchild View Post
did you ever have that maneuver done? did you have a similar reaction at all? i just wonder if it was that alone, or everything all together. sounds like you had a nice day yesterday though, so that helps when you have a bad day--knowing you will have another good day!
What you described almost exactly describes what happened to me last Thursday. I had the test done, everything was spinning like it was supposed to. I felt pretty normal about 30 mins later and pretty much the rest of the day. Then at night it hit me and I started feeling like crap! The next day was one of the worst days I had had since this started. Dizzy, off balance, nauseous, anxiety sky-high...

I figured she must've really knocked some rocks loose with all those tests and screwed me up. It lasted through the weekend but got progressively better. Until today anyway... *sigh*

Old 09-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipa View Post
What you described almost exactly describes what happened to me last Thursday. I had the test done, everything was spinning like it was supposed to. I felt pretty normal about 30 mins later and pretty much the rest of the day. Then at night it hit me and I started feeling like crap! The next day was one of the worst days I had had since this started. Dizzy, off balance, nauseous, anxiety sky-high...

I figured she must've really knocked some rocks loose with all those tests and screwed me up. It lasted through the weekend but got progressively better. Until today anyway... *sigh*
sucks you're feeling bad today--i know how ya feel. so it lasted that long for you with that manuever? that is crazy!!! it didn't affect me at all while she was doing it--no dizziness whatsoever, which i hear is what is supposed to happen??? maybe ours was delayed? whatever it is, it sucks. did you have to sit upright and all that mess? how many times have they done this to you---and why? hope your night treats you better and an even better tomorrow!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:15 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

sipa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiwildchild View Post
sucks you're feeling bad today--i know how ya feel. so it lasted that long for you with that manuever? that is crazy!!! it didn't affect me at all while she was doing it--no dizziness whatsoever, which i hear is what is supposed to happen??? maybe ours was delayed? whatever it is, it sucks. did you have to sit upright and all that mess? how many times have they done this to you---and why? hope your night treats you better and an even better tomorrow!
I'm confused about all of this, to be honest. She did the same test on the Tuesday before, and I had absolutely no reaction. I woke up Wednesday morning with vertigo tho... so maybe... actually I can't even speculate on what might have happened. When she did it Thursday, I did feel dizzy as all hell.. but it made her happy cause she could finally see something! haha

Old 09-14-2007, 12:46 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

mnsk HB User

Do any of you dread leaving the house ? I do because I find walking difficult , its like my vision jumps alot and I veer off to one side, and then i get a vertigo attack which absolutely terrifies me, I hate the floor shifting (does anyone else get that ?).

I had to have the laying down on the bed test and I was ok , but I explained that I get my dizzys in the day (not the night), BUT after I had them tests done I did have a vertigo attack laying down in my bed ?
So maybe they do upset the inner ear ?

I also had that test where they put goggles on you and watch your eyes on a t.v screen, I failed that test...... (whats that test called?).

I am doing the VRT and have been told they works within 3 weeks normally , mmmmmm Is this true ?

Old 09-14-2007, 07:06 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User

With the VRT, it works different for each person. Your symptoms wont be gone in 3 weeks, but you may feel a little difference. It took me about three months to notice slight improvement, but at 18 months I feel great. Vrts are the best option for making 100% recovery. Stick to them and dont give up even if it takes you 6 months or so on.

Hope you feel better soon. You will get there. I think in one of your posts you said teh nurse mention menieres disease. Just incase, I would start on a low soduim diet, that may help reduce attacks.

Cathy

Old 09-14-2007, 08:20 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

mnsk HB User

thanks cathy, I think i will do that ,
I dont know much about low sodium diets, salt seems to be in everything , is there anywhere I can read about this ?

many thanks

Old 09-14-2007, 08:43 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User

There might something on the stickey up above.

Fresh meats and veggies, fruits too would be a great start. I would try to consume between 1000-1500grams of sodium...the less the better. You may notice a difference right away. Its actually a very healthy way to live a life, with menieres or without.

I always watch my intake on food. Not so much calories and fat, sugar is a culpit and so is carbohydrates. Cheese has alot of salt.

Best of Luck to you!!!

Closed Thread