It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
(female)

truckershayna HB User
Shooting Inner Ear Pain

ive had inner ear problems for quite a bit of my life. im only in my early twenties but as a child i had tubes twice and many many ear infections. - but since probably my early teens they havent bothered me.

starting this morning i have been having a terrible periodic shooting, stabbing pain in my inner ear. as the day passes they are coming more with less time in between. its a pain that just brings me to my knees and stops me in my tracks.

put ur finger on the bottom of ur earlobe, and now slide it back right behind ur lobe - thats where it hurts.
my mom has maneers (i know thats spelled wrong, but i figured phonetically was my best shot) so im a little worried this could be related to that.

could this just be the early onset of an ear infection? it surely doesnt feel like any ear infection ive ever had.

has anyone else experienced this? any suggestions? i cant afford to go to the doctor for a few weeks so im really hoping one of you might have suggestions to help allieviate this pain and my worries.

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sipa HB User
Re: Shooting Inner Ear Pain

I know nothing about ear infections. What I do know (now) is that you don't want to mess around when it comes to ear stuff. Read some of the stories here, and you'll know exactly what I mean.

While I can completely understand that you don't want to go to the doctor right now because you can't afford it, I'd suggest that you should go anyway. There are free clinics in most major cities, and I'm sure there's (at least) one Orlando. If you don't want to do that, perhaps you can work something out with a regular doctor.

Of course, this is all my opinion and whatever you have could be completely harmless. Perhaps someone else around here has more experience with this kind of thing. I don't want to scare you, I really don't, but I don't want you to look back and say, "I wish I had..." either.

Have you checked around online yet to see if anything matches your symptoms? There are plenty of useful sites out there.

I hope it's nothing to worry about. Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2007, 09:18 PM   #3
(female)

truckershayna HB User

hello, i very much appreciate ur response! i have decided i am going to go to the doctor on monday, come hell or high water, id rather be in a little bit of debt than risk my hearing. im still worried right now, the pain is getting more frequent, actually every minute and a half or so .... but im sure ill be fine. i always am thanks again. i hope u have a lovely weekend. and check back if u like, ill keep ya posted

Old 09-21-2007, 10:58 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

sipa HB User

I'm glad you decided to go to the doctor after all. If it gets much worse, they also have urgent care centers that are usually open on the weekends and you don't need an appointment. They're generally not that horribly expensive either. I'm sure you know all this but just in case.

Keep us posted. Hope you feel better!

Closed Thread