It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 01:21 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

mnsk HB User
Are You A Bilateral Vestibular Sufferer ?

Hi everyone, just wonder how many of us here have bilateral vestibular dysfunction and how did you find out ?

I had my caloric testing done and was told that both balance organs are low functioning. I find living with this disability very difficult,simple things are so difficult to do. I cry most days and feel there is no hope.

Does it get better ? I have had symptoms for 5 years now, only started the VRTS last month, awaiting to see my consultant to see if i can take pills for it,(does anyone else take pills for it ?)
It would be nice to chat to other sufferers living with this condition and to support each other, because I belive you can only know how awful this condition is .......if you have it !

HUGS TO ALL xxx

Old 10-12-2007, 05:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User
Re: Are You A Bilateral Vestibular Sufferer ?

MNSK...I am part of a support group for vestibular sufferers here in the US. I know a number of bilaterals...I can tell you it DOES get better. I know my friend had a hard time driving, walking functioning, reading...and does it all well now.

She has done vrts for over a year...and is doing WONDERFUL.

I hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2007, 07:50 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

mnsk HB User

charlotte I have smiled for the first time in ages cos of that info!!!
I will give it 100% + to get better for myself and my family,its so nice to know that I can come here and chat to people who understand.

Bless you xxx

Old 10-12-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

MNSK...I am glad. I will keep you updated on my bilateral friends.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:50 PM   #5
(female)

LindaPinc HB User

I have a bilateral vestibular problem. It does get better with time, but I'm not at 100%. I don't fall down or have any spinning sensation. I have a sense that something is not quite "right." I'm able to drive and do the things I want to do. My worst days are those in which I feel anxious and depressed. Fortunately, they're of shorter duration than they used to be. On those days I'll take a small amount of valium which helps me get through the day. My goods days are those in which I can forget about my "problem." On those days it doesn't interfere with any of my activities.

I found physical therapy to be VERY helpful. Along with that, I was given an antidepressant. That too helped ALOT.

Don't be discouraged. It takes time for this to get better. I still hope that I'll reach the 100% mark.

Lynda

Last edited by LindaPinc; 10-12-2007 at 04:50 PM.

Closed Thread