It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 05:47 AM   #1
(female)

susu2007 HB User
Help! Does anyone have these symptoms??

Two months ago I had a terrible headache but it was only concentrated in my forehead and temples. It lasted for two days. Since then, the headaches have not been all that bad but neither have they disappeared. It is usually dull pain in my forehead and temples, especially when I first wake up in the monring or from an afteroon nap. The worst part is the feeling of heavy-headedness I have had since then. I cannot quite describe it but it not exactly dizziness. More like like feeling a bit unbalanced or as if the ground is titled to the side. I also have pressure in my head. Some of the other symptoms include stuffy ears, burning sensation in the eyes, a crackling sound when I move my neck, some buzzing in my ears and my cheeckbones ache sometimes.

The ENT doctor ruled out any inner ear infection and told me that I had TMJ. I am currently trying out acupuncture and have had two session so far.

Doctors have ruled out any problems with the sinuses (through a CT scan). I also have a complete blood count and it came back normal.

I am a university lecturer and if I stand up and teach for more than ten or 15 minutes, the heavy-headedness and pressure in my head and the feeling of being unbalanced become really bad. I have started dreading going to work.

Can someone please tell me if they have had similar symptoms and also if someone can explain to me why my eyes have this strange burning sensations?

There is also a lot of fatigue!

Thanks a lot!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

mnsk HB User
Re: Help! Does anyone have these symptoms??

susu , well I could of written this post myself !!!

I have had for 5 years , a horrible head pressure , pain in my left eye that feels like burning or sometimes stinging, buzzing in my left ear , and a dull ache over my left cheekbone area that comes and goes.
I have been having unbalanced feelings nearly everyday , so bad sometimes I dont want to leave my house. My gp kept telling me it was anxiety !
Last week I actually got to have tests (at last) and found out both my balance organs are low functioning.
Tomorrow I have to visit the audiologist to find out why this has happened to me.

I would demand to be seen by audiology department, and to have some further tests, dont let them tell you its nothing , listen to your gut instinct because i wish i had sooner.

take care xxx

Old 10-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
(female)

jadeearth HB User

I would suggest going to see a Neurotologist. They are the inner ear experts when my stuff first began I saw an EFT and they were no help.

I am no expert on MAV but sounds like some of the symptoms i have been reading about.

Sorry about the work thing. I can't imagine lecturing a group with this stuff. Hopefully the acupucnture will help :0) If it is TMJ you may also want to try Cranial Sacral therapy.

jade

Old 10-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

mnsk HB User

forgot to say ,stuffy ears and fatigue(caused by using my eyes as my balance system).

Closed Thread