It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 04:19 AM   #1
(female)

maria1007 HB User
Red face anyone else have near faints or feel faint with all this junk?

Hi all!
Just popping on to ask a question.
Anyone have near faints or faint with all this? I have found a pattern to this prob and dont know if they are related. few days before period is due and while i am on period i get very faint and sometimes have near faints, i get the whole tunnel vision,feel all warm,sometimes it also feel like i might wet myself! odd hey? But then i come too and i feel tired and just want to relax.My dizzies always make an appearence when i am on my period also. I dont know if this is hormone related but it sure looks this way!I keep a diary and it is scary the pattern it has taken to. The day after i take my last birth control i feel awful then while i am having period i feel bad. I start to feel better once i start birth control again.The most recent day i had near faint it was 1st day of period,i had heavy head and eye tracking junk,head ache was brewing too,I was late eating this day and was thirsty so they didnt help,I was shopping with my baby and my mum,and all of a sudden i just felt like i was gonna faint,got the whole deal,tunnel vision n stuff but it just passed.Must add that my headache was in full swing by this point and i felt pretty pants to be honest.Its just so scary wen this happens,luckily my mum was with me but i fear if i was on my own and i DID faint my baby would be stranded!I have a low BP and dont really eat much meat. Could it be lowBP dipping while hungry and thirsty or just cause i was feeling crap? I spent several days indoors while on period as i was too scared in case it happened again, and now visuals are back along with head fog,i go back over if i dont keep moving and getting on with things. Oh what a pain the a*$ this is!!!
Maria
x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2007, 04:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wowwwweeee HB User
Smile Re: anyone else have near faints or feel faint with all this junk?

Maria,

I have fainty symptoms as well from time to time. My head symptoms increase around my menstrual cycle as well. This can very well be hormonal, which is why perhaps the bc pill may be helping you, or you feel better once you stop your cycle.

I have been told that I am dealing with MAV (Migraine Associated Vertigo). Although you can have HAV without the headache, I usually have a headache on some level every day (worse with my cycle). These headaches can turn into the kind that increase my head symptoms. For treating my headaches when I need to, I usually take two plain 500 mg aspirin mixed with one teaspoon of Children's Cherry Flavored Liquid Benedryl (always ask your doctor first).

For me, the bc pills ADDS to my symptoms, which is normal for some people dealing with MAV.

Have you been given a diagnosis for your "head symptoms"?

In addition, I also deal with normal-low blood pressure and Iron Deficient Anemia. My bp is normal, but on the low side, so changes in bp for me are very noticeable. Most people will get some sort of fainty (or similiar) feelings upon bending or standing, but for me, I feel this way sometimes even moving (going from sitting to standing, for example).

Along with this, raising your body temp lowers bp - so stay away from hot showers, being overly warm, and the hot sun. Eating also lowers bp, so eat small meals throughout the day, and try to keep from over eating - a full tummy can add to your symptoms!

The Anemia (for me) is due to a heavy menstrual flow. Anemia can cause faintness, as well as other symptoms.

You might want to talk to your doctor about your low BP possibly adding to your symptoms, as well as being checked for Anemia.

In addition, simple dehydration can make you feel faint. Most people don't realize they are dehydrated until they feel really thirsty, however, the majority of people walk around dehydrated. Some people notice the effects of dehydration faster than others.

A poor diet can add to poor health, so stay away from things like caffeine, refined sugars, processed foods, Swiss cheese, alcohol, MSG and Aspertame.

Good rest, REGULAR meals, exercise and keeping mentally healthy also might aide in reducing some of your symptoms. You need to take care of yourself (even when it might be inconvienent to do it).

Shopping malls in general 'throw me off', because my head symptoms affect me spatially and visually - you may also be affected by spaces like stores, which also adds to your symptoms. Sometimes putting cotton in my ears helps me feel more balanced, which helps me move around in stores.

You also will want to speak to your doctor about the feeling of losing your bladder when you feel like this. Many people who actually do faint, also lose their bladder.

And, your bc pill could be adding to your symptoms - bc pills DO cause tunnel vision. You may think you feel better once you are starting back on the bc pill from your period, but maybe you start to feel better because your cycle has ended. I had to stop the bc pill because of my head symptoms. Maybe a different or lower dose would benefit you. Talk to your prescribing doctor or OBGYN.

Take good care. xo

Last edited by Wowwwweeee; 11-04-2007 at 04:45 AM.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

mnsk HB User
Re: anyone else have near faints or feel faint with all this junk?

Maria , you have described exactly what I get just before my period and during it. I have been keeping a diary and its alarming jsut how regular these feelings are. Hormones have alot to answer for I think ,
and funny enough I was chatting to a old lady who I know the other day and she told me she used to suffer just the same until she had the menopause and shes never had a migraine or dizzy spell since , I am 39 years old and am actually looking forward to it then ,lol.

Just a thought , what sort of birth control pill are you taking ?
I know when I had eostrogen in mine (many years ago) it gave me terrible head pains.

good luck with it all.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #4
(female)

maria1007 HB User

thank you for the replies! I will make an app with my doc and discuss. my birth control is CILEST.
x

Old 11-04-2007, 09:54 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sipa HB User

Now this

Quote:
Along with this, raising your body temp lowers bp - so stay away from hot showers, being overly warm, and the hot sun. Eating also lowers bp, so eat small meals throughout the day, and try to keep from over eating - a full tummy can add to your symptoms!
is interesting.

I don't generally suffer from low BP (mine is usually in the normal range) but when I'm feeling bad, my symptoms definitely increase when I get hot or right after eating. I especially noticed it this summer and interestingly when I take showers. I was wondering why showers increased my symptoms - I thought perhaps the motion of the water droplets everywhere was giving me issues.

The heat does cause me to feel slightly faint, food often increases the nausea but no faint feelings.

I did not know this. Interesting! Thanks!

Closed Thread