It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
(female)

Pinky01 HB User
how to live with constant nausea

I have had a problem with constant nausea since i was about 4 years old. I have had many many proceders including and upper GI series, and endoscospy, colonoscapy, and a Hida scan ( check my liver and galbladder) as well as a gallbladder ultrasound. They seem to think that its all in my head and nerves so the doctors put me on an anti depressent. It did help me some, but im still have disabeling days where i cant even move from the toliet for fear of being sick. Its ruining my life and the doctors have no idea whats going on. They said that they only think that i can do is learn to live with it and to retrain my thinking. Does anyone else have problems like i do? I seem to have no inner ear or dizziness problems, but my eyesight is very poor and i do sleep a lot.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User
Re: how to live with constant nausea

Try cola with the fizz taken out, either add cold water or a spoon of sugar they give this to hospital patients to curb nausea, it does help me a little when I feel totally yuk!

Jayne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2007, 07:53 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User

Ginger root is suppose to be great. You can buy pills or fresh ginger root that yon can shave in small pieces and put it underneath you tongue.

Cathy

Old 12-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

I have had this for a while...peppermint tea is good, and chamomile tea. That really helps me loads.

I am sorry you are dealing with this.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sipa HB User

I drink chamomile tea when I'm feeling nauseous. Not sure it actually helps... it's what my mom used to give us when we were sick so there's probably some psychological thing going on as well. But it is supposed to have a calming/soothing effect. How about green tea? I've read it's supposed to help with some stomach issues. Though it seems that you were tested for all of those so that probably won't help...

Have you been tested at all? For your ears, that is. Is it possible that it's motion sickness? Poor eyesight might be a contributing factor?

I really don't know... just guessing here. I'm very sorry though. That has to be rough.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:50 AM   #6
(male)

amww HB User

Has anyone tried to treat this as if it were a migraine variant? just as constant dizziness can be the only presenting symptom of migraine, it is possible that constant nausea could be the sole presenting symptom of yours.

Given that the antidepressant helped (they are used to treat migraine), it sounds like it would be worth pursuing that angle to see if you can get more relief.

I suffered from constant nausea for a full year or so at some stage during having migraine associated vertigo (I've had it 10 years now)...

Adam

Old 01-31-2008, 10:12 AM   #7
(female)

BeatleManiac HB User

I do something a little bit different when I get nauseaous but when I do, I use the seabands. They work pretty well for me. I get nauseous all the time and before I was diagnosed I used to get nauseous everyday and I used to have this really bad rocking sensation and I had bad dizzy spells too. So those worked great for me, maybe you ought to try them.

Closed Thread