It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

efnp42 HB User
I blew my nose and haven't been the same since...

Hi,

I am losing my sanity. A week ago today, I blew my nose and felt something happen in my right ear (my family had been passing around a head cold). That night I felt like I had been punched in my right ear and jaw. Monday morning the acute pain was gone, but all voices and noises were distorted and my ear felt full/pressure. I was diagnosed with an ear infection Monday morning. By Monday night, the distortion was mostly gone and replaced with tinnitus that has not stopped (along with my ear constantly feeling full and muffled). I have been dizzy and nauseated. I could go on and on. I went back to the dr on Wed because of the nonstop tinnitus and pressure. He told me I had fluid behind me ear drum. I went to an ENT Fri morning and found out I have no fluid in either ear and my hearing tested normal (although I feel like I can't hear, and it hurts when someone yells). Can anyone help? Thank you!

Old 01-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User
Re: I blew my nose and haven't been the same since...

Sorry you are feeling this way,

However you just had an ear infection.... The fluid in your eustacion tubes can take quite a while to drain..1-2 months... I am not saying that you will have these sensations for the full time, but this is the process... Evemn when there is a little fluid in there, the ear can seem clogged and distorted.. Th efluid in teh ear can muffle and or amplify sound.....

Ask your doc for decongestants and some nasal spray which should help move things along. Its only been a week. Give it soem more time...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
(female)

suzyisdizzy HB User

I agree decongestants and cold remedies are the best way to go. You want to dry up any fluid in there.
Try not to blow your nose so hard for a while. You may have blown a hole in your ear drum. It can fix itself, but you need to make sure you don't make it worse by blowing your nose anymore.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:12 AM   #4
(female)

ann45 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnp42 View Post
Hi,

I am losing my sanity. A week ago today, I blew my nose and felt something happen in my right ear (my family had been passing around a head cold). That night I felt like I had been punched in my right ear and jaw. Monday morning the acute pain was gone, but all voices and noises were distorted and my ear felt full/pressure. I was diagnosed with an ear infection Monday morning. By Monday night, the distortion was mostly gone and replaced with tinnitus that has not stopped (along with my ear constantly feeling full and muffled). I have been dizzy and nauseated. I could go on and on. I went back to the dr on Wed because of the nonstop tinnitus and pressure. He told me I had fluid behind me ear drum. I went to an ENT Fri morning and found out I have no fluid in either ear and my hearing tested normal (although I feel like I can't hear, and it hurts when someone yells). Can anyone help? Thank you!
Hi Efnp42,
I am suffering with the same exact symptoms, although I don't remember having any headcold or blowing my nose real hard. Just woke up 5 months ago with distorted (robotic) hearing, muffled and clogged ear and some ringing. After 2 MRIs and 1 CAT scan, dr. tells me I have fluid in my mastoid bone. It's been 4 months since the diagnosis. 4 different antibotics and still, everyone sounds like R2D2 on Starwars! I'm going insane too. My next appt. is this Friday. I'm so scared I might need surgery. Maybe your problems have cleared up by now, I pray?

Last edited by ann45; 04-23-2008 at 10:18 AM.

Closed Thread