It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

comeandrelax HB User
Circulation disorders causing dizziness

if you look up Circulation disorders it will say that this is the most common cause of dizziness. has anyones doctors ever brought this up?

ive always had bad circulation. my feet and hands fall asleep really fast. anyone ever consider this cause?

does anyone know what kind of disorders cause poor circulation?

Old 01-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User
Re: Circulation disorders causing dizziness

that's crazy...i've been thinking about this for a while. my toes turn bright red and look plastic-like if i stand for just a bit...someone at work thought it was a rash. my feet and hands STAY cold all the time too. except sometimes when the toes get really red, they are HOT!! i've noticed the palms of my hands seem to do the red thing, and my fingers will swell up a bit. they've done a diabetic sugar test on me a few months back, and they say it was normal...so i dunno either

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Joni9921 HB UserJoni9921 HB User

I think its generally from circulation in the neck to head that can cause dizziness. One test would be to tilt your head to one side (ear to shoulder), turn towards that side, and extend your neck. That is one test that can induce dizziness.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

stargrave HB Userstargrave HB User

Well.

Circulation is present in most dizzy conditions, both directly or as a side condition.

Migraine is completely related to this, not meaning that you have general poor circulation, but it is a matter of localized circulation problems.

In VN, the actual death of nerve cells, even as it might be caused by an infection, it's mostly derived of the lack of micro-circulation in tiny blood vessels in the ear, due to inflammation.

And of course what Joni says it's also true, come neck trouble could lead to circulatory induced dizzies, so in the end if it's not the direct cause, bad circulation can lead to all kinds of trouble, that's why walking is recommended, as the best exercise for this.

Obviously, even a mild circulatory problem combined with whatever you may got VN, MAV, etc, it's not going to help you feel better.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

sipa HB User

Quote:
i've noticed the palms of my hands seem to do the red thing, and my fingers will swell up a bit.
I get something like that, and it's driving me nuts. For the past few months (2, 3?) I've been waking up with the palms of my hands red and burning up. It's seriously uncomfortable. Feet too but not as extreme.

Should ask my Dr about it..

Old 01-27-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipa View Post
I get something like that, and it's driving me nuts. For the past few months (2, 3?) I've been waking up with the palms of my hands red and burning up. It's seriously uncomfortable. Feet too but not as extreme.

Should ask my Dr about it..
i've asked a few docs about my feet, because it is really persistant and ugly of course haah. none of them seem to have a clue..

Closed Thread