It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
(male)

genxsis HB User
Is this an inner ear problem?

Several weeks ago, I had a cold for about 10 days. Shortly after getting over it, I noticed that I feel a few seconds of intense dizziness when I roll over in bed. I also feel it when I sit up. I also feel it to a lesser extent during the daytime when I'm up and around. This has been going on for a few weeks now, and it has me concerned.

Does anyone know what the cause could be, and possibly the cure? I had theories that it could be some fluid stuck in the eustatian tube from blowing my nose when I had that cold, or maybe an inner ear problem, since the inner ear affects balance issues.

Any advice on what the cause is, and possible solutions would be appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Is this an inner ear problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxsis View Post
Several weeks ago, I had a cold for about 10 days. Shortly after getting over it, I noticed that I feel a few seconds of intense dizziness when I roll over in bed. I also feel it when I sit up. I also feel it to a lesser extent during the daytime when I'm up and around. This has been going on for a few weeks now, and it has me concerned.

Does anyone know what the cause could be, and possibly the cure? I had theories that it could be some fluid stuck in the eustatian tube from blowing my nose when I had that cold, or maybe an inner ear problem, since the inner ear affects balance issues.

Any advice on what the cause is, and possible solutions would be appreciated!
Hi

Well it could be a number of things---best to get checked out by a Doc--NEUROTOLOGIST---if possible.

The symptoms sounds a lot like an Inner Ear Medical Problem---specifically---BPPV---if you go to the Information Archive(1st post on this board--sticky) you will find that listed along with other Inner Ear Problems---if u think after reading up on BPPV(in the Information Archive)---u can try the MEP Exercise---which is also listed there.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #3
(male)

genxsis HB User
Re: Is this an inner ear problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subs30 View Post
Hi

Well it could be a number of things---best to get checked out by a Doc--NEUROTOLOGIST---if possible.

The symptoms sounds a lot like an Inner Ear Medical Problem---specifically---BPPV---if you go to the Information Archive(1st post on this board--sticky) you will find that listed along with other Inner Ear Problems---if u think after reading up on BPPV(in the Information Archive)---u can try the MEP Exercise---which is also listed there.....

Thanks for those references to that sticky post! I started reading the links provided there, but it sounds a little too complicated to me. All that medical jargon is over my head! But I will make an appointment to see my doctor. This has been going on long enough that I don't think it's going away on its own.

Closed Thread