It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
(female)

zsuzsa49 HB User
Cervicogenic dizziness

Does anyone have experience/symptoms for this?

I just watched the video from Dr Rauch on this subject and thought that perhaps this is a contributor for me and my symptoms. I have had BPPV (while in bed) but also a few vertigo episodes while bending over (like putting a towel around my hair and putting in eye drops). I always seem to have a stiff neck and I thought it was because of not moving my head due to dizziness but maybe it's the other way around. I don't like looking down or up at all. It just seemed like a possible answer to some of my symptoms. It seems like it is hard to diagnose as well. CT Scan and MRI might not necessarily show anything. I'm going to mention it to my vest therapist and see about some exercises.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User
Re: Cervicogenic dizziness

Hi,

I used to think I had this too years ago because my neck was always sore or prone to it. From all that I've read this is an extremely rare condition and would be more the sort of thing you might develop after whiplash.

Your sore neck could be from two things: a dizzy head could cause you to tense up your neck on a subtle subconscious level as your brain tries to keep things still which, over time, would feel painful as the muscles become over-worked, or in my case, a persistent sore neck was due to migraine. Migraine can produce painful blood vessel swelling in the neck as well as the head or anywhere in the region.

Best ... Scott

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread