It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 07:41 AM   #1
(male)

tmoney468 HB User
Slight Dizziness Comes and Goes

Hi everyone,

I started getting dizzy abruptly one day about 2 1/2 weeks ago. At first I thought it was a side effect of Zyrtec, which I started taking after recovering from a sinus infection (which I got antibiotics for in the beginning of February this year).

I do have a feeling of sinus pressure in the middle of my forehead, almost like a constant steady pressure, but I don't have a lot of congestion or anything else. I had an XRay done of my sinuses on Tuesday, and the doc didn't see any type of infection.

So basically the dizziness started about a month after I had my sinus infection. When I saw the doctor for that, she said it was indeed an infection and also I had the beginnings of an ear infection as well. I felt better after the antibiotics , so I don't think anything carried over.

Back to the dizziness, I would have to say it's mild because it's not to the point where I feel that I can't walk straight or drive, but it's more of feeling that the balance is off a little.

I've seen my PCP twice now (March 28, April 1st), and the second doctor I saw did mention it being some virus of the inner ear. His main point was the since I've had it for about 2 1/2 weeks and it hasn't gotten worse, it's probably best just to wait and see if it goes away by itself. I got both Pseudovent (decongestand and a mucinex) and Nasonex from the doctor's I saw, the pseudovent hasn't seemed to help at all and I've only been on the Nasonex for 2 days so it's too early.

Basically I'm wondering what I should do, just wait and see if things get better on their own, or if I should make an appointment with my neurologist and have him see me for this (I've had chronic headaches since I was a kid, hence the neurologist). BTW I'm 23 years old, if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Last edited by tmoney468; 04-03-2008 at 07:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread