It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
(female)

Lauren29 HB User
Unhappy Lightheaded foggy feeling

Ugh....I am approaching the 3 year mark at the end of the month and the light headed/ foggy head surreal feeling are my biggest complaint. I thought that the brain could sort things out by now. Does anyone else still feel this, this far into their initial injury? It really freaks me out and makes me feel like I am not here on this planet but all floaty feeling and in a dream. I HATE IT.....makes me feel so not normal.
I went to one of those hot yoga classes today hoping that the poses and getting out and excercising would help release tension and clear my head....it was the oppisite spiking my anxiety and feeling like I was going to faint the whole time.
I hate hate hate to be negative, but I feel like that is all I am lately from dealing with this for almost 3 years. It is ruining my relationships with those around me b/c I feel so out of it all the time. I can't think straight anymore. How on earth are people like us expected to carry on like normal with this? No one has any idea and it makes me feel so isolated.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:13 AM   #2
(male)

Dizzyrascal HB User
Re: Lightheaded foggy feeling

Lauren

Sorry to see you are still here - we got our illness around the same time in 05.

This thing is indeed increadibly difficult and you are doing so well coping with it. You have to continue the battle and search for making yourself better. Anxiety and worry can be a massive barrier to getting better, so it is something you must try and let go off.

Given you have not recovered fully yet, I would consider taking a MAV medicine to see if it helps clear your head. What have you got to lose. Ask your physcian about this avenue.

My initial recovery only started after a MAV diagnosis. Clearly there is some complicating factor hindering your recovery. You need to find out what that is. Find a doctor who doesnt think you are nuts and takes you seriously. I have suffered from 2 chronic conditions the last 2 years and it has been ME that has had to keep fighting and searching for the correct treatment. I have never given up, and belive me I know how hard it is to keep struggling when you see everyone else laughing and giggling in the street - carefree and enjoying life.

Funnily enough I am currently in a relapse, but had been symptom free for 18 months!! 100%!! I am now back on the meds, staying positive even though it is depressing feeling ill again. I am hoping my meds work again, or I will find another one that does help.

If you are having coping difficulties I would also try some cognitive behavioural therapy to put things into context and try and make you feel more relaxed and rational about it all.

In the end you know the deal - its sucks big time, but you have to keep pushing for answers and resolutions.

Remember - unlike a lot of conditions - this once can dissapear. I am proof of that and so are others who have come and gone on this board.

Rascal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
(female)

Lauren29 HB User

Thank you so much Dizzyrascal for the reply. I totally remember you and I can't believe that you actually reached 100% better with this thing! It's just such a mystery to me when people really do get better, b/c I feel so far from it. It had been my understanding that only those with BPV were the ones who found releif.
That's unfortunate that you are in a relapse right now....but you know if you have been better once you can cetainly do it again.

It's seems that MAV meds are the next step for me to try...but out of several neurologists now, no one seems to think that is my problem but then they can't say what is wrong with me either.
Unfortunately I do not have health insurance right now and last time I paid out of pocket I ended up paying about $600 for 2 doctors visits and a diagnosis of anxiety.
I am going to have to wait till my husband gets health insurance before i see another doctor. I guess in the mean time this ear problem has just been running me into the ground. So hard to act normal around everyone when you feel anything but.

Your reply was much needed and I even printed it out for added support that hey...some do get better. thanks

Old 05-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #4
(female)

amlp HB User

Hi Lauren

sorry to hear you are feeling terrible. that spaced out feeling is the worst ! and so difficult to describe. have you tried an SSRI ?

Old 05-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
(female)

Lauren29 HB User

It really is the WORST....people think you are crazy when you try and describe it. It is something that you never feel when your head/ears are normal so people just have no idea.

I have tired Lexapro, but it made me so groggy and tired all the time and completely made me into a zombie that I had to stop. I probably need to try another one...but then again the doctor health insurance comes into play.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #6
(female)

amlp HB User

i was dead against SSRI's but eventually would have eaten live worms if they had said so to get rid of the spacey feeling. I went onto cipralex. and it really really took away the head issues. it does take a little while. but it worked for me. i was on them for 1 year and then slowly came off. i also started taking magnesium, which some people swear by. maybe if you cannot afford the SSRI at this stage, try magnesium. i still have no idea what was wrong with me as i was never diagnosed. but i really feel for you, because those head days were dark. i wish you strength.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren29 View Post
Ugh....I am approaching the 3 year mark at the end of the month and the light headed/ foggy head surreal feeling are my biggest complaint. I thought that the brain could sort things out by now. Does anyone else still feel this, this far into their initial injury? It really freaks me out and makes me feel like I am not here on this planet but all floaty feeling and in a dream. I HATE IT.....makes me feel so not normal.
I went to one of those hot yoga classes today hoping that the poses and getting out and excercising would help release tension and clear my head....it was the oppisite spiking my anxiety and feeling like I was going to faint the whole time.
I hate hate hate to be negative, but I feel like that is all I am lately from dealing with this for almost 3 years. It is ruining my relationships with those around me b/c I feel so out of it all the time. I can't think straight anymore. How on earth are people like us expected to carry on like normal with this? No one has any idea and it makes me feel so isolated.
I am truly astonished (although I guess I shouldn't be) that none of your doctors have made the migraine connection. You CLEARLY have vestibular migraine Lauren, and you've got to get that under control in order to start feeling better! Even if you dabble in an abortive migraine medication instead of going the preventative route, just to try it and see if it helps! Have you tried taking any anti-inflammatory medication like Advil, to see if that helps at all?

It's all about migraine management - you've got to start looking into that.

Closed Thread