It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2008, 06:09 AM   #1
(male)

skoorbii HB User
Wet ears in mornings

What are the possible reasons for wet ears in the mornings ?

Old 06-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
(female)

sallysuperstar HB User
Re: Wet ears in mornings

I have no idea!!! I have asked around 4 doctors so far and everyone of them ignores me and doesn't give me an answer. So frustrating

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2008, 02:34 AM   #3
(female)

amlp HB User

I think i read somewhere that it could be related to sugar intake. i know if i binge on sugary sweets or even chocolate - my ears are really bad the next morning.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
(female)

sallysuperstar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlp View Post
I think i read somewhere that it could be related to sugar intake. i know if i binge on sugary sweets or even chocolate - my ears are really bad the next morning.
I don't know if mine is related to that. I really don't eat alot of sweets. This happens everyday and has been for about 8 months now. It's actual fluid that comes out. I am now at the point where I have actually put a q tip in and it comes out soaking wet!

Old 06-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #5
(male)

herofix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallysuperstar View Post
I don't know if mine is related to that. I really don't eat alot of sweets. This happens everyday and has been for about 8 months now. It's actual fluid that comes out. I am now at the point where I have actually put a q tip in and it comes out soaking wet!
Wow, that's pretty weird. Do you have any other symptoms? Pain, fever, vertigo, ringing, etc? There isn't really a place in your ear that generates "fluid" per se, other than ear wax. Is this fluid thin and clear, or thick and cloudy? I'm obviously no doctor but since you've gotten little info from them it seems that you must look to other sources for info. Good luck in your search!

Dan

Old 06-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #6
(female)

amlp HB User

Hi, sorry i should have added to the sugar comment. i just associated sugar with me, coz i can eat lots of them. apparently 'wet' ears or very itchy ears can be allergy related. i.e. something you may be eating that is irritating your ears. i wish i could recall where i read it but alas i can't. perhaps do a search on a search engine.

if you do find out anything more please keep us posted. and i will do the same.

take care

ashley

Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
(female)

sallysuperstar HB User

Yeah that def makes sense. It could def be allergy related and it's very possible I have a food allergy. I have to go get tested for allergies. I did years ago but don't know exactly what they tested me for. I know it came up that I am allergic to mold but don't know about any food. Thanks for the info.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #8
(female)

sallysuperstar HB User

Hey Dan sorry responded to the other one before I saw this. My ears are itchy but not everyday. I was diagnosed with labs in Nov (onset in Aug) so I just thought it had something to do with that. It is clear and thin from what I can tell. It is happened less now (still everyday but much less fluid if that makes sense). I am often very dizzy when I am sleeping. To me it feels like the minute I lay my head down I get like a build up of fluid and I just feel like I am floating in it or something. Very hard to explain.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:57 PM   #9
(male)

herofix HB User

Wow, that is really strange. I'm certainly no expert but nothing I've come across in my web searches sounds remotely like this. Ashley's comment above sounds promising, you should look into allergies if you haven't already.

Good luck!

Dan

Closed Thread