It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2008, 05:29 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wowwwweeee HB User
Cool UPDATE: On me, and my last post (Vitamin B and Magnesium)

Hello Board,

As I stated in an earlier post, I have been on Disability for my "head symptoms". When I saw a new neurologist, he wanted to address the problem with my neck - left head tilt whle sitting/standing and leaning to the right when walking.

He felt that although my left neck/head tilt probably started out as me trying to compensate for my wooziness/imbalance, I developed a shortening of those related muscles, which turned into severe constriction (Cervical Dystonia).

The neuro felt that the neck issues were adding to my feelings of wooziness and imbalance, and probably causing a lot of my head symptoms and headaches. Again, he stated that he felt I had more going on than just a neck problem, but since my head tilt was apparent, and my neck muscles were s-o tight, he wanted to start treating me in that area.

I can honestly tell you that after these last weeks of PT, my family and friends, and now I, have finally started to notice a difference.

Within the last week, I am able to sit straight comfortably, and the feeling of being uncomfortable while I am standing still or in a line is diminishing. I am now holding my head straight more than I am not, and my headaches have decreased.

I am able to stand taller, and tolerate better spatially uncomfortable things like going into shopping malls, and sitting for longer periods of time in restaurants and actuall ENJOYING it!

When I saw my neuro last Friday for follow-up, as soon as he came in the room he stated that I looked so much better - from sitting straight, to being more clear headed.

During that visit, I also talked with him about the short conversation I had with a holistic massage therapist (MT). You may recall from my last post that the MT suggested I may have a problem storing Vitamin B12 due to my foot shape and the fact that when I have taken it in the past, my urine turned orange.

The neuro explained to me that there IS a foot shape that can point out upon medical examination a possible deficiency in Vitamin B12, but that usually happens in older folks, and he said that my foot shape definitely did not suggest this. Plus, my latest blood tests came back showing my Vitamin B12 Level as optimum.

In addition, the neuro did suggest that I begin taking Magnesium Oxide and Riboflavin (Vitamin 2), as the Magnesium Oxide relaxes the muscles, and both aide in the alleviation of headaches. So I will start that this week.

I have not yet gotten myself up to trying the Nori yet, but my neuro states that he is pleased with the progress I am making, and that eventually, when I am ready and/or if I still need this after a few more weeks of PT (we are going to start balance therapy next), I can always try it. I have obtained a counselor (that I start to see in August) to discuss my medication fears.

I go back to work for 4 hours per day as of July 21, and the week after that, I go back full-time. I have a lot of stress at work because the woman I work is not the best co-worker for a number of reasons. I am trying not let this situation get the best of me, but already I am feeling anxious about July 21. I know these types of feelings add to my headaches and tensions, which can add to my head symptoms.

Take good care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread