It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Boslee2008 HB User
Pain in left ear ONLy when blowing nose.....

I had a myringotomy done (ENT puntured my ear drum under controlled conditions) in my left ear to see if it would help my dizziness as I have a LOT of pressure in my left ear. It didn't help. I didn't have ventilation tubes put in, I just had the small hole put there. The relief of pressure for 2 weeks was nice. But it healed perfectly and all the pressure came back. However, NOW, I have a sharp pain at the spot where the hole was put anytime I blow my nose or clear my ears and I could SWEAR that the pressure is also worse now. I called my ENT, who said that as long as there is no drainage, and as long as it doesn't hurt all the time, he wouldn't worry about it. He's a good ENT (neuro-otologist actually). well, it doesn't hurt all the time, at least I don't THINK it does. The pressure is so bad in my ears all the time that it's tough to tell. But when I try to clear my ears, blow my nose, or even if I just beltch, I get that sharp pain in my ear for a brief moment. Does anyone have any clue what that could be? Apparently it's not an infection because I've been checked by him twice since he did the hole and he can't spot anything wrong in my ears. Any thoughts? I read that a Cholesteatoma can form sometimes after a myringotomy in some cases but so soon?? I had the puncture 6/27/08, and had the follow-up 2 weeks later and he said everything looked good. however, from Day one of healing, I had the pain. Not sure what to do. It's just another symptom on top of my 10-12 symptoms that I DON'T need, and has me worried and upset!!!! Even if you don't know, but by any chance could search what i'm talking about in a search engine, perhaps you might be able to tell me if i'm just acting crazy, or if something like this could result so soon after the procedure. thanks for reading this

Rich

Last edited by Boslee2008; 07-23-2008 at 09:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread