It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #16
Inactive
(female)

aim44 HB User
Re: Brain related or inner ear related?

I wouldn't go to a regular chiropractor..only those specialized to only work on the C1 C2 area. There aren't many that are able to do this although most claim to be able. you have to be very careful letting ANYONE do anything to the upper cervical area. In my case I am blessed and believe in what I am doing.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #17
Inactive
(female)

aim44 HB User

Oh yeah Richard, I have had x rays done and it did confirm my problem. Believe it or not. Like I said there are few that are able. By the way I haven't let anyone touch me manually at all and I'm not on any meds and I'm doing better than ever. I used to have trouble walking 3 times around the track by my house, now I walk two miles without any trouble at all. There are many things that have been changing for the better. I don't want to get in trouble my the mods so I don't want to say too much but I hope everyone finds what they need. It's miserable to live with so many aches and pains.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #18
Inactive
(female)

lucille8 HB User

Oh, well good for you\. I'm so glad you are feeling better from what you were suffering with!! I'm really happy for you. I don't know what that is but I doubt that's something that I have. I don't really know what I have. But I've been feeling kinda like lately..because I don't know what the hell is wrong with me and I can't even begin to see a doctor until a full month from now. And although I've never been a stressful person..when you feel like crap you have time to sit around and convince yourself you have all kinds of things. I'm pretty sure mine's inner ear/neurological but who knows.
But yea, good for you dear.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-06-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:48 AM   #19
(female)

woody2008 HB User

Looking for answrs: What did you doctor say?????

I wouldn't let someone just say it is a migraine!!!! I was told for a year and a half it was a migraine - now after a positive ct for a tumor I am getting an MRI done tomorrow!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 05:43 AM   #20
Senior Veteran
(male)

Howie2 HB User

Most people that get diagnosed with Migraine have MRI's , MRA's and CT scans first to rule anything out that is more serious. At least that is my impression on the board.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:56 AM   #21
(male)

mironUK HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille8 View Post
Well Alp, glad to hear you feel so good. You said you have GERD? I have acid reflux bad, i doubt that has anything to do with dizziness? It probably wouldn't make any sense to get dizziness from some kind of digestive disorder?
Hi,

The human body is so complicated so sometimes itís difficult to follow a causal link. Apparently, ear related issues could be a sign of GERD/acid reflux (I did a bit of investigation because I nave some heartburn/swallow issues). Fluid in the sinuses and middle ear could be a sign of GERD. The throat communicates with the nasal passages. Two patches of lymph tissue (adenoids) are located where the upper part of the throat joins the nasal passages. The passages from the sinuses and the tubes from the middle ears (Eustachian tubes) open into the rear of the nasal passages near the adenoids. Refluxed liquid that enters the upper throat can inflame the adenoids and cause them to swell. The swollen adenoids then can block the passages from the sinuses and the Eustachian tubes. When the sinuses and middle ears are closed off from the nasal passages by the swelling of the adenoids, fluid accumulates within them. So here it is, a connection between a digestive disorder and dizziness.

All the best.

Alex.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:49 AM   #22
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2008 View Post
Looking for answrs: What did you doctor say?????

I wouldn't let someone just say it is a migraine!!!! I was told for a year and a half it was a migraine - now after a positive ct for a tumor I am getting an MRI done tomorrow!!!

Woody,

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. I hope you'll keep us posted on your progress and the MRI.

As far as what my doctor said, he thinks it is probably migraine, although at first he thought maybe early Meniere's Disease. He is leaning away from the Meniere's Disease now though, based on symptoms... We'll just have to see. I did have a CT as well as an MRI of my brain and C-spine, in addition to a million other tests! Keep us posted and hang in there.

L4A

Closed Thread