It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2008, 06:04 AM   #1
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User
Brain related or inner ear related?

I'm not sure what this really means. Is migraine brain?

I am seeing Dr. Hain on Thursday. I finally sat down and wrote out my symptoms. Here they are:

1. Fullness/pressure back of head/neck/ears (first symptoms from October 2007).
2. Edges of things that are linear vibrate (door frames, pictures frames, etc)
3. Occasional one sided headaches, but more often tension type headaches.
4. Thumping of heartbeat in neck and back of head.
5. Continuous dizziness, lightheadedness, imbalance, rocking, bouncing, which in turn makes me feel weak, esp. in the legs and feet.
6. Feeling of falling backwards or to the right (worst symptom).
7. Shower walls appear to be moving.
8. Malls and grocery stores--ugh.
9. Anxiety or worry makes dizziness much much worse.
10. Sleep well due to fatigue from dizziness.
11. Neck feels tight all the time, dizziness sometimes made worse by pressing on trigger points.
12. Occasional pinpoints of light in vision, also lit-up creepy crawly things in field of vision when looking at blank sky.
13. Insides of ears feel warm or hot.
14. Lifelong history of sensitivity to motion.
15. Family history of mild dizziness and migraine.
16. Lifelong history of tinnitus, has not gotten worse I don't think.
17. Continuous pain in neck, shoulders, upper back and upper chest.
18. Pain from neck radiates into sinuses.
19. Top of head (scalp) is sore and sensitive.
20. Been on low sodium diet for over a month, and migraine diet for almost a month.

Does this sound inner ear or brain? Does anyone else have all of this?

The dizziness seems to be getting worse everyday. I have a small child to care for and a husband who is away most of the time. I'm so worried about being alone. This is a horrible experience and is ruining my life and my marriage...

L4A

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User
Re: Brain related or inner ear related?

Hi there--your symptoms sound very much like migraine. Let us know what Dr. Hain says, and good luck!

Violet

Old 07-24-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
(female)

pamg6 HB User

I, 2nd what Violet says! I will be curious to see what Dr. Hain says.

Keep us posted.

Pam 3

Old 07-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

I agree on the Migraine, but le us know what the expert says.
Jayne

Old 07-24-2008, 10:32 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Boslee2008 HB User

migraine, from day one!

Rich

Old 07-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #6
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

So is migraine brain or inner ear or do they know? The Heal Your Headache doctor says something about inflamed blood vessels putting pressure on the inner ear, hence the imbalance etc... I feel confused and don't know what to believe. I'm super nervous about seeing the doctor next week too. Thanks for all of your opinions.

L4A

Old 07-24-2008, 11:32 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Boslee2008 HB User

migraine is brain-related. It just affects structures in your inner ear as a side-effect. It's like having a leak in your roof (brain). As a side-effect, you get water all over your floor, but if you merely examine your floor, you will have no idea how or why there is water there. It will make no sense. stop the leaking from the roof, and the water on the floor goes away. Same is true in migraine. Stop the migraine and the inner ear symptoms go away. Ignore my posts for the most part. ALL of your symptoms are classic of migraine including the visual ones. MY symptoms are not as clear cut so don't freak out as much. You will get through it. I'm sure of it

Rich

Old 07-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

strange that you mention the edges of doors, pictures, etc vibrating----you took the words out of my mouth when i describe my vision to docs. i have this as well...and it is constant. and showering lol....same thing, the walls move...i hate looking around in the shower. hmmmm.....please keep us posted on what hain says about these symptoms. i am in tx, so i won't be able to see the guru...boo!! mine are kinda baffled and laying it on migraine by lack of other diagnosis. and i did have a lot of your other symptoms as well, just so ya know. but no history in the family of dizziness or motion intolerance here---so it's kinda bizarre.

hope you get some answers soon from dr.hain!! keep us posted please!

Old 07-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #9
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiwildchild View Post
strange that you mention the edges of doors, pictures, etc vibrating----you took the words out of my mouth when i describe my vision to docs. i have this as well...and it is constant. and showering lol....same thing, the walls move...i hate looking around in the shower. hmmmm.....please keep us posted on what hain says about these symptoms. i am in tx, so i won't be able to see the guru...boo!! mine are kinda baffled and laying it on migraine by lack of other diagnosis. and i did have a lot of your other symptoms as well, just so ya know. but no history in the family of dizziness or motion intolerance here---so it's kinda bizarre.

hope you get some answers soon from dr.hain!! keep us posted please!

alexiwildchild,

Which of the other symptoms from my list do you have? I will definitely try to get some answers for these when I see the doc tomorrow.

L4A

Old 07-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookng4answrs View Post
alexiwildchild,

Which of the other symptoms from my list do you have? I will definitely try to get some answers for these when I see the doc tomorrow.

L4A

hey there! well, other than the constant crazy visual issues. i still have some tinnitus that comes and goes....i'd say it may happen just like once a week and lasts no more than 10 seconds---but when it hits, i start sweating and get dizzy (maybe just nerves lol). when this all started, i had the fullness in ears--horrible!! it was like i tried to "pop" them and nothing would ever happen. that has gone away thankfully, but it took a while--at least 4 months or so. i do still have a feeling of heart pounding really hard in my neck, but mostly in my head...it's like if i'm just sitting still...my temples alone will move my hair!! it's the craziest thing. i still have some headaches---but only one with aura since the year and almost 2 months i've been dealing with this. they put me on a diuretic at first and it did nothing...obviously the doc was crazy and thought i had meniere's. i had HORRIBLE anxiety at the beginning of this--was having panic attacks (didn't even know what it was until this) and was on xanax for about a month to get through the roughest part. i still have anxiety, but very little, it's mostly because i am not better yet and worry i will be like this forever. but for the most part, i'm really normal on the anxiety level now days....but some days it spikes if i'm really stressed with work or class etc.

the vibrating vision, is it constant with you? do you close your eyes and see the darkness shake violently? i do. and it sucks but i really notice it around edges of doors, windows and objects in general. at the beginning for me, things were more moving in and out...like a picture would be moving AWAY from the wall and come towards me---strange. the ceiling would slowly move in a cirlce. not now...just the constant moving/shaking/vibrating of everything.

hope all goes well with hain tomorrow, you really are lucky to be going to see him!! please let us know how it goes...and if you can, what he says about the vision issue! my docs just think it is still migraine...but constantlY!?!?! i just don't believe it! good luck!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #11
(female)

willholl HB User

Hi L4A,

I hope your appointment with Dr. Hain goes well on Thursday and that he can provide you with some relief.

I was reading over your list of symptoms and looking at the ones I have in common. Let's see here: 2, 3, 5, 6, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18 & low sodium diet for over a year now. My diagnosis (from August 2007) was VN. I was supposed to feel better by now, but I suppose my allergies may have caused sinus problems, and that caused my brain to decompensate (or not...)

I understand so well what you are saying about this being a horrible experience. I used to be an active person, who ran a marathon (slowly) about two and a half years ago. Now I worry about going to the nearby grocery store by myself!

I also feel like I am not the person I was when I got married and I feel very guilty about that (though I know it is not my fault.) But it's for better or for worse, and even though it's worse now, I try to hope that someday it will be better. But sometimes I am afraid it won't...

You are not alone.

willholl

Old 07-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #12
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiwildchild View Post
hey there! well, other than the constant crazy visual issues. i still have some tinnitus that comes and goes....i'd say it may happen just like once a week and lasts no more than 10 seconds---but when it hits, i start sweating and get dizzy (maybe just nerves lol). when this all started, i had the fullness in ears--horrible!! it was like i tried to "pop" them and nothing would ever happen. that has gone away thankfully, but it took a while--at least 4 months or so. i do still have a feeling of heart pounding really hard in my neck, but mostly in my head...it's like if i'm just sitting still...my temples alone will move my hair!! it's the craziest thing. i still have some headaches---but only one with aura since the year and almost 2 months i've been dealing with this. they put me on a diuretic at first and it did nothing...obviously the doc was crazy and thought i had meniere's. i had HORRIBLE anxiety at the beginning of this--was having panic attacks (didn't even know what it was until this) and was on xanax for about a month to get through the roughest part. i still have anxiety, but very little, it's mostly because i am not better yet and worry i will be like this forever. but for the most part, i'm really normal on the anxiety level now days....but some days it spikes if i'm really stressed with work or class etc.

the vibrating vision, is it constant with you? do you close your eyes and see the darkness shake violently? i do. and it sucks but i really notice it around edges of doors, windows and objects in general. at the beginning for me, things were more moving in and out...like a picture would be moving AWAY from the wall and come towards me---strange. the ceiling would slowly move in a cirlce. not now...just the constant moving/shaking/vibrating of everything.

hope all goes well with hain tomorrow, you really are lucky to be going to see him!! please let us know how it goes...and if you can, what he says about the vision issue! my docs just think it is still migraine...but constantlY!?!?! i just don't believe it! good luck!
How do you "quote" just bits and pieces of someone's post? I don't like copying in the entire thing everytime I write back! Just a little side note...

Anyway, the vibrating thing is there all the time, and yes sometimes when I close my eyes too. The things moving in and out and slowly back and forth is a new thing that just started in the last couple of days. Lovely new symptom. I will post tomorrow evening after seeing the doctor and hopefully will have his take on what's up with the vibrating vision thing.

L4A

Old 07-30-2008, 12:33 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookng4answrs View Post
How do you "quote" just bits and pieces of someone's post? I don't like copying in the entire thing everytime I write back! Just a little side note...

Anyway, the vibrating thing is there all the time, and yes sometimes when I close my eyes too. The things moving in and out and slowly back and forth is a new thing that just started in the last couple of days. Lovely new symptom. I will post tomorrow evening after seeing the doctor and hopefully will have his take on what's up with the vibrating vision thing.

L4A
lol, not sure how to quote just portions of a post--sorry, i'm no help there.

very interesting that your vision is doing the opposite, concerning it is now doing the moving in and out now. that's how mine started and kinda morphed into the constant vibrating. however, the slow movement of all my surroundings was still constant then---it never let up either. it's so weird...i do hope you find some relief and get some answers. be looking forward to your post

Old 07-30-2008, 06:37 AM   #14
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by willholl View Post
Hi L4A,

I hope your appointment with Dr. Hain goes well on Thursday and that he can provide you with some relief.

I was reading over your list of symptoms and looking at the ones I have in common. Let's see here: 2, 3, 5, 6, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18 & low sodium diet for over a year now. My diagnosis (from August 2007) was VN. I was supposed to feel better by now, but I suppose my allergies may have caused sinus problems, and that caused my brain to decompensate (or not...)

I understand so well what you are saying about this being a horrible experience. I used to be an active person, who ran a marathon (slowly) about two and a half years ago. Now I worry about going to the nearby grocery store by myself!

I also feel like I am not the person I was when I got married and I feel very guilty about that (though I know it is not my fault.) But it's for better or for worse, and even though it's worse now, I try to hope that someday it will be better. But sometimes I am afraid it won't...

You are not alone.

willholl
willholl,

Somehow I skipped right over your reply last night. Thanks for weighing in, in some weird way it's nice to know that other people suffer from these symptoms and it's not just me, although I'd never wish it on anyone. I understand what you're saying about not being the same person your husband married. It's the same way with me and I certainly am not the mother I was. That's what is so sad. I will be interested to see what the doctor says today, am hoping it's positive and hopeful b/c I'm so at the end of the rope right now.

L4A

Old 08-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #15
Veteran
(male)

Boslee2008 HB User

C1-C2 subluxation?? Who diagnosed that?? A chiropractor?? Subluxations are a questionable diagnosis. They can't be "seen" on x-ray, and when chiropractors are questioned on the record as to weather or not they can be seen on x-ray, they deny to answer the question. There is a condition called "high cervical disease", usually related to C1-C2, that can happen on occasion, but is grossly over-diagnosed by the chiropractic community. I'm glad you are getting better, but to anyone else reading, anyone who is diagnosed with a C1-C2 subluxation as the cause of their problems, please do yourself a favor and get a second opinion, or go see Dr. Hain, who has more reliable testing to see if this is really the case.

Rich

Closed Thread