It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User
Scotsman

Waiting to hear how your flight was!!

L4A

Old 08-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User
Re: Scotsman

Scotsman,
Hope your flight was good. Would also be interested to know how the effexor works for you. Please let us know!

CK

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2008, 03:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User

Hi Guys - thanks for asking. I'm in LA and it all went well apart from a bad first 2 hours out of Sydney. After that it seems my head got used to the flying and there was no more anxiety garbage going on. I did end up with a crushing headache for most of it though. Think the food they served on China Air was loaded with MSG or something. It came on within 20 minutes of the first meal.

Anyway, will write more about it all soon. At the moment I'm in a brilliant hotel room near LAX airport. Knackered after 20 hours and 20,000 km! I'm hardly even dizzy surprisingly.

Scott

Old 08-24-2008, 07:29 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

Wow!!! Thats great news. I'm impressed that you made the jaunt!

CK

Old 08-24-2008, 08:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User

Awesome news, Scott! Have a great visit!

--Violet

Old 08-24-2008, 09:31 AM   #6
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Great news! I knew it would be fine!! What a confidence boost!!!

L4A

Old 08-25-2008, 03:47 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hi Gang,

Thanks for your messages. Well, I'm sitting here at my Mom's place and it's 6 am! I'm heavily jet-lagged and, as you can all imagine, heavily decompensated/migrainous. I feel great however. It's just the best to be home and see some family – so much so that this nonsense is taking a back seat. But there's no question that my head is swirling like mad as I type this and I have tons of migraine pain as in a sore head and a spasm in my neck. No probs though because I know very well exactly what it is and know what to do to "disarm" it.

I guess my threshold must be rock–bottom which means eating the plainest food for a few days. What a bore though. The fridge here is PACKED with food. I also want to rent a car but not sure how I'll be able to drive just now. Moderation and rest is key I guess and something I have to actively practise. Normally I'd throw myself into a million things at once but can't and have to chill while this brain adjusts to the time change, the jet-lag, the lack of sleep, all of the crappy foods I ate on the jet, and the crazy last week at work.

Anyway guys, it IS possible to make an epic journey on a jet (all up 25.5 hours in a jet over 2 days) with this garbage as long as you plan for some down time (have a valium safety net with you) and taking it easy at the other end for a day or two.

Best ... Scott

Old 08-25-2008, 07:05 AM   #8
(female)

bcrelief HB User

Great to hear, Scott!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #9
(male)

Dizzyrascal HB User

I knew you would be fine mate. I was when I went to the middle east. Hitting brazil at Xmas so another long flight. Got a few more months of met testing to see if I can say bye bye to captain dizzy. Let's pray for recovery number 2!

Old 08-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hi Gang,

Well, my luck ran out two days ago. The first 3 days ago were really fun here and I was doing great and then on Wednesday evening the freight train came.

I'm not really very dizzy (although it's slight) but I have been hit with heavy neck pain and relentless headache. I have hardly any energy and it feels like I have a very bad flu going on. Very heavy head, kind of flat and not much interest in seeing or doing anything. What a complete pain in the **s. I guess the jet lag, lack of sleep and excitement has done me in. I'm also super sensitive to ALL triggers. Just ridiculous. My sleep is still all over the shop too waking in the night wide awake feeling hugely agitated and then needing to sleep in the mid afternoon only to wake feeling worse.

I'm so hoping this will blow over but so far nothing has budged in 3 days. All I can do is take it easy, eat plain food etc, and hope like hell that it burns out. It really feels like I've been hit by glandular fever or something it's that bad (but there's no fever).

Anyway, that's my whinge for the day. We're heading out to my brother's place for dinner tonight (haven't seen him for a year) and I have to somehow look alive and get my act together. If I could pull this thing out today by the neck I'd beat it to death right now.

Scott

Old 08-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User

Scott--

I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling ill! I hope that it passes very soon. What about trying some Benadryl? Did you read my post about that? It seems it is used via IV to treat migraine in the hospital. I took some last night and will take it again tonight. I felt somewhat less dizzy, tho I have no idea if it really had any effect whatsoever. It's just such a familiar med that I don't mind experimenting with it a bit, and I've been feeling so bad lately. At the very least, it usually makes one sleepier, which might be useful.

Another thought is to go get a massage ASAP! That always is soothing to me, even if I'm still just as dizzy afterwards.

I'm sure you'll be feeling back to normal soon, and I hope it's sooner rather than later!

Violet

Old 08-31-2008, 06:59 AM   #12
(male)

Katkin HB User

Awww Scott Hope you're feeling much better soon.
I guess your defences were lowered by it all. Look after yourself.
You never know, maybe it's nothing to do with the dizziness at all (but might be bouncing off that as so many things do) and you just have some bug or something making you feel so ill. *Fingers crossed*.
It's so amazing that you flew like that! "We are not worthy, we are not worthy!"
Get well soon matey.

I'm so impressed

Last edited by Katkin; 08-31-2008 at 07:04 AM.

Closed Thread