It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 08:59 PM   #1
(male)

fueledbymusic HB User
Sudden nausia, and deafness, lasting 30 seconds

What happened here?

I was driving on fwy, then all of sudden, my ear had a severe ringing, and it was as if I got deaf. Followed by nausia. The best way I can descibe this is this: You know when you hear a running refridgerator, the humming of it for hours. Then when the humming stops, yours ear feel weird all of a sudden, cause your so used to hearing the hum.

But for me, this happened to me 2 times. The second time, it was milder. But the ring was a super low pitch one. And felt nausia. This really scared the daylights out of me! It sort of felt as the insides of my ear was vibrating, making me feel sickness!

Just in the last week, I been hearing a high pitch ringing, mostly after hearing something loud. And my hearing is more sensitive lately

Old 08-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User
Re: Sudden nausia, and deafness, lasting 30 seconds

Hi there--

I don't know what is causing this, but I wanted to let you know that it could be migraine. I had a sudden loss of hearing in my right ear combined with a weird flash of light--also on the right side. It only lasted seconds as well. It was very scary. I am dealing with other migraine issues right now, so that is why it seems to be that for me. However, it could be a sign of something else...I think it is worth seeing a neurologist or maybe an ENT about to make sure everything is OK. This might involve an MRI or something like that...

Good luck & keep in touch!

Violet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2008, 12:48 AM   #3
(male)

fueledbymusic HB User
Re: Sudden nausia, and deafness, lasting 30 seconds

You know what I now can suspect what it was that happened? I think some foreign object (ear wax) may have blocked the ear drum. I can discribe it as when water goes in ear. THIS IS NOT EXACTLY HOW IT WENT, but this the good example I can give.

This is based on what a nurse told be when I called about whats going on with my ear. She suggested built up wax in my ear. She based her answer on the fact I have no pain or dizzyness of any kind for last 2 months.

Closed Thread