It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #1
(male)

Katkin HB User
Anti-Nausea Wristbands

Howdy folks

I saw some anti-nausea wristbands in a shop so I bought them, wondering if they might help when my balance is off or when I get dizzy - which by the way is happening far less often and WAY less severely these days.

Luckily I've not particularly suffered from the nausea side of things but I know lots of vertigo sufferers do. They might be worth a go even if they don't help with the balance they may help with the nausea

They're just little wristbands (a bit like fashionable fabric bands - mine are black and pretty cool) with a little button on the inside which puts pressure on an acupressure point called the Nei Kuan point apparently.

Haha they might even have a weird chilling out effect too, I put them on earlier to go over the town and things felt kind of calm and muted (but then I am very tired). I still have them on and I feel kind of "heey maaan" laid back lol! But that just might be me haha.

These bands have probably been brought up on the board before! Really sorry if I'm just repeating things! Just wanted to share my new discovery/wonderings with my fellow dizzies

Last edited by Administrator; 08-23-2008 at 09:41 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Old 08-23-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User
Re: Anti-Nausea Wristbands

I have used them, but did not notice that they did anything to help me. Glad you are getting something from them!!

L4A

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
(male)

Katkin HB User

Aww that's a shame L4A Hope you find something that works for you soon!
I tried them again today. Not quite sure what I think of them yet.

Oh I just noticed a bit of my actual original post has gone! Whoops!! Maybe I accidentally deleted too much when I originally edited it or something . It was just a little bit describing what the bands do, recalled from something that I'd read about them. If I remember correctly it said something like that dizziness and nausea and vomiting caused by travelling and motion etc are triggered off by a confusion of messages received in the brain. Even though you may be sitting still, your senses tell you that you are moving. - Hey we all know that feeling. Bleh. But as you can imagine, when I read that the bands are supposed to help with that very thing by putting pressure on these particular point things. I was all excited to try them and tell you guys in case, amazingly, they worked hehe. Fingers crossed that they have or do for someone. They might be helping me... not sure yet. I'll keep experimenting with them (Mine are non adjustable and I think they might be too tight).

Last edited by Katkin; 08-24-2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling and adding bit about them maybe being too tight.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User

Hi there--that is great if these are helping you...makes sense from an accupuncture stand point. When I tried them for morning sickness, they did not have any effect....sort of like the narcotics during labor--no effect there, either . Ginger does help me feel less nauseated, however...I take capsules or eat ginger cookies.

Violet

Old 08-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #5
(female)

willholl HB User

Hey Violet,

If ginger helps you, you may want to see if you can find Ginger Altoids. They're hard to find at the store but I've been able to find them on the Web. They do seem to help me a bit and they're easy to carry around with you. I don't think I've been without a 'tin' in my purse for over a year now!

willholl

Old 08-25-2008, 02:06 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User

Thank you, Willholl! I'll definitely look into that...

Violet

Old 08-30-2008, 05:28 AM   #7
(male)

Katkin HB User

Hi Violet! Glad you found something that helps you
I wished I had the bands to try when I was feeling car sick yesterday but they were at home haha! Typical
Aww sorry to hear about no effects from narcotics during your labour.

Last edited by Katkin; 08-30-2008 at 05:29 AM.

Closed Thread