It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #16
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User
Re: Dental Appt.

CK, Violet, Willholl,

I'm having an obsessing day... trying hard to maintain my positive attitude but so worried that this is something so much worse than migraine. I can't even stand in one place and talk to a neighbor without hanging onto something for dear life. And the weak feet thing just freaks me out beyond belief.

So as you can see as far as the positive thinking goes, I am a work in progress!!!

L4A

Old 08-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #17
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

L4A,
I know its hard. I have a tree that I hang onto whenever I'm talking to my neighbor. I have the exact same problem!! Today I went to the cell phone place to get a new phone. Mine was dead and my kids call on it all the time or I would not have gone. An emergency of sorts. I arrived at 9:01 and after standing at the counter holding myself up for about 3 minutes my legs and feet were shaking. It scares me too. I keep telling myself its either lack of activity or the fact that my body is never relaxed. I just think it is too weird that I can relate to everything that you say. We both can't have some horrible illness. Can we? No one expects anyone to be positive all the time. This illess is really a hell of sorts. Being positive even 10% of the time is an accomplishment.

CK

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #18
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

CK,

I try to tell myself that the weakness is the migraine or anxiety. Today the weakness is sooooo bad but the dizziness is not as bad as its been. The weakness is so bad that my hands are shaking because I'm scared!

Still trying to remain positive. Looking forward to getting on the other side of this. Thankful for the good things in life. Say it with me...

L4A

Old 08-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #19
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

Trust me I am saying it with you. I have to ask: when you are just sitting does it ever feel like someone pushes your head to the side? Like when your riding in a car and start to nod off and you wake suddenly? Does that make sense? Just checking.

CK

Old 08-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #20
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Yes it makes perfect sense and yes it happens to me all the time. I was sitting here tonight talking to a friend of mine and wondered what she would think if she knew I felt like someone was sliding my lower body away from me. Like someone was pushing on my lower body and it was sliding out from under me. I get the head thing too, all the time. It is surreal. What the H$%^ do we have??????

Old 08-31-2008, 03:20 PM   #21
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

CK,

How are you doing? Haven't heard you in a while! I hope things are good or at least a little better. I think I may have found a good book for you to read if you are interested. "Who Gets Sick" is the title and it's by Blair Justice, PhD. I'm only about 1/3 into it but it's interesting in terms of our ability to cognitively help ourselves.

L4A

Old 09-02-2008, 03:16 PM   #22
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

Hi L4A,
How are you doing? I hope well. How's that book coming? I will have my husband pick it up for me since I can't do the book store. I'll take any suggestion on books that you have. When I come out on the other side I want to have my "stuff" together. I have been yuck. I'm beyond frustrated and just sick of all of this. As you can see by my "frustrated" post. My dr and I talked about the effexor that the neuro suggested. He thought it was a good idea, but wanted me to talk to the neuro about a less amount. He thought Dr Hain had a good approach. As soon as I feel a little better I will call the neuro and see what he says. If he doesn't go with it, I'll probably go back to my primary dr since he really works with me. Is the verapamil still providing any relief? Heres the silver lining....my dr says I have to stay in bed the rest of the day....therefore, no dinner.

CK

Closed Thread