It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User
Yesterday spinning again....blah.

Ok, I had been doing great! 95% for the last week or so. Felt good, was doing so much more. Really believed I was coming out of this stuff.

Yesterday, woke up at 5am spinning. It was blam...open my eyes and felt spinning. It went in about 30secs. Then got up, felt off...got back into bed and as I moved my head about...I had that spinning head.

I have not had this since my first episode Auguts 2006. Today I am better...but no where near where I was last week. This is on 50mgs of Nori.

Asking the mav'ers...is this typical? I am really down today. Trying to just say it is how this illness goes.

Thanks.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User
Re: Yesterday spinning again....blah.

Hi, Charlotte--

I'm so sorry you experienced that again...I have found it is really really hard to go backwards with this stuff. I expect your system will settle down again very soon. Have you identified a trigger for this episode?

Hoping you feel back to great soon!

Violet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User

Hi Charlotte,

I'm so sorry.....I feel for you. Is it true spinning vertigo? Seems strange it happened laying down. Maybe it could be a touch of BPPV. Maybe try the Epley in the sticky that subs used/uses. I remember Scott finding some literature talking about a high occurance of BPPV in migrainuous people. He has had this happen to him. I've never had the spinning type vertigo thank God. I was in the pool the other day and was playing with my son on an innertube and was spinning around really fast and when I stopped I felt like everything was moving in my head and around me. I thought to myself, I must be nuts for playing with him like this and how horrible that must feel for those that get this type of dizziness.

I would definitely give my doctor a call too. With his background, he should be knowledgeable about weather it is your MAV acting up or perhaps something else like loose crystals in the canal.

Try not to fret too much over the incident. It will resolve and you will feel at least 95% again. I've learned much of the battle is mind over matter. Try and relax the next few days; hopefully you didn't plan too much for the holiday weekend.

Hugs,
Gloria

Last edited by gloria2936; 08-29-2008 at 01:01 PM.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

Gloria,
Everytime I see a post from you and you are "living" I get excited. Good for you!! You give us great hope.

CK

Old 08-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

I feel better today. Not where I was the start of the week, but much better then yesterday. Don't think it is bvvp...the spin started when I was laying flat, head straight...ahhh, well.

Gloria, thanks for that advice. It ticks me off...but I am better at handling the disappointment now. Can't let it take more time then it has to.

Thanks for the kind words all.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte67 View Post
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

I feel better today. Not where I was the start of the week, but much better then yesterday. Don't think it is bvvp...the spin started when I was laying flat, head straight...ahhh, well.

Gloria, thanks for that advice. It ticks me off...but I am better at handling the disappointment now. Can't let it take more time then it has to.

Thanks for the kind words all.
Hey Char,

I havent checked this boards in awhile...wow, a spin. Laying flat on your back will set off bppv-thats what happen to me on my last episode. I really think it could be a huge possibility that it is BPPV-

Remember bppv is an easy fix and studies show that migraine and bppv are linked!!!

YOu are getting better, there's no doubt!! You have come such a long way! keep your head up.

Cathy

Old 08-30-2008, 02:28 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

Charlotte you are right this is just the way it goes, give it a few more days and you will be back to the 95%.

I have had a couple of "spinnerf" over the last couple of months but I can relate them to hormonal things going on, so have pooh poohed them away.

Glad to hear you have got to 95%, you now know it can be done.

XX

Old 08-30-2008, 05:38 AM   #8
(male)

Katkin HB User

Aww poor thing It is a horrible horrible feeling to think that you are improving then you seem to be knocked right back off your feet again. (I know the feeling well). But if you think about it.. it is so wonderful that you were at 95%!! and it's not always going to be plain sailing, in any recovery (even over years) there are bound to be steps forward and then little bumps in the road which set you back a few steps. But it's great that you're headed in the right direction!! *thumbs up*
So try not to get discouraged (as bloomin' hard as that is). It sounds like you're doing well
And anybody that has had inner ear stuff or vertigoey or balance stuff of any kind is probably going to sometimes be affected by it occasionally. But it doesn't mean it will last long or be as severe as the original time. If that makes sense.

Last edited by Katkin; 08-30-2008 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Trying (not very well) to make more sense!

Closed Thread