It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 08:34 AM   #46
(male)

krahon HB Userkrahon HB User
Re: Objects moving in my vision, can't take it anymore!!!!

TO ADM'S POST
Its not that at all, I believe the whole migraine aspect of it, but there are other things that can cause similar symptoms, pinches in the neck, accutane (intercranial preasure) and even sinus infections that have gone on a long time without helping them, as well as some major vitamin and mineral deficiences, thats all.

What I mean is this, don't call it something and have people believe that it the only dx it can be, in some cases it is the only thing it can be as a dx but in others not all possibilities might have been checked. They said I had post concusive syndrome 15 years ago, so thats what I thought I had, now they say its MAV, but until I get everything tested twice (or more) I feel like some of us may have something else causing the migraines/vascular problems etc. I also found out that having undetected ASD's (which my daughter and my dad had (holes in the heart) can cause a myriad of similar issues because of decreased blood flow to the brain, and alot of these go undetected if small enough. I have NEVER had an EKG or an imaging of my heart so I can't rule that out.

Thats all adm...

Last edited by krahon; 09-19-2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: typos

Old 09-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #47
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahon View Post
TO ADM"S POST
Its not that at all, I believe the whole migraine aspect of it, but there are other things that can cause similar symptoms, pinches in the neck, accutane (intercranial preasure) and even sinus infections that have gone on a long time without helping them, as well as some major vitamin and mineral deficiences, thats all.

What I mean is this, don't call it something and have people believe that is the only thingit can be, in some cases it is the only thing it can be as a dx but in others not all possibilities might have been checked, they said I had post concusive syndrome 15 years ago, so thats what I thought i had, now they say its MAV, but until I get every thing tested twice (or more) I feel like some of us may have something else causing the migraines/vascular problems etc. I also found out that having undetected ASD's (which my daughter and my dad had (holes in the heart) can cause a meriad of similar issues becase of decreased blood flow to the brain, and alot of these go undetected if small enough. I have NEVER had an EKG or an imaging of my heart so I can't rule that out.

Thats all adam...

that is so weird you mention the EKG and heart issues. i just had an abnormal EKG cuz i was having flutters, fast heart rate when just sedentary, and chest pains. so i am now sporting a heart event monitor and then off to the cardiologist. not saying there will be anything there, but hey, it's worth a try to at least rule more things out. i completely understand where you're coming from.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2008, 08:17 PM   #48
(male)

Thanks Alexi,

I read some of your posts, your in a world of hurt as well, sorry

My only true hope is that we all have to start thinking outside the box because WE are the ones who will solve this, I know a lot of us already have, and its hard to keep going, but I look at my daughters face every day and I say to myself in silence: "One day I WILL be the Dad you deserve.........."

Old 09-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #49
Senior Veteran
(female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User

Quote:
Thanks Alexi,

My only true hope is that we all have to start thinking outside the box because WE are the ones who will solve this, I know a lot of us already have, and its hard to keep going, but I look at my daughters face every day and I say to myself in silence: "One day I WILL be the Dad you deserve.........."
It sounds like maybe outside the box might be holistic. Not somebody that just dabbles in it.. but an M.D. that specializes in it. I remember when my dad had Meniere's disease and was at his wits end. A holistic M.D. told him to take a variety of B vitamins and within a week he had it licked. Also look into an M.D. or someone highly trained in Homeopathy.

Last edited by cathy1; 09-20-2008 at 10:14 AM.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:40 PM   #50
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

Quote:
Thanks Alexi,

wow...you actually had me tearing up reading this. it's so emotionally disturbing to have this sort of thing destroying our everyday quality of life. it's horrible. i am here for you, as i know you are having a rough time. i think as long as you are there for your daughter, and she knows you love her, that's all she needs right now. just give the love you have to give. you are the dad she deserves, but it's just a different form right now. you will get back where you need to be. i believe that for all of us...as hard as it is...and not every day do i think that.

i am trying all means necessary to make sure i know 100% what is ruled out and not just left in a default category of an illness. hang in there.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:07 AM   #51
(male)

Thanks Alexi and Cathy

Thanks for your support Alexi, I am here for you too I owe it to my little girl to just keep trying, anything and everything...

And Cathy, how long did your dad have these symptoms, what dosages of B complex or B vitamins did he use to ultimately help him, how long did it takr for him to see some results, and did all of his symtoms go away? Or did they just get a lot better, either way thats good news

Thanks guys (or..umm.. girls) , keep thinking, its up to us to do all the homework

Krahon

Old 09-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #52
Senior Veteran
(female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User

Quote:
Thanks Alexi and Cathy

Thanks for your support Alexi, I am here for you too I owe it to my little girl to just keep trying, anything and everything...

And Cathy, how long did your dad have these symptoms, what dosages of B complex or B vitamins did he use to ultimately help him, how long did it takr for him to see some results, and did all of his symtoms go away? Or did they just get a lot better, either way thats good news

Thanks guys (or..umm.. girls) , keep thinking, its up to us to do all the homework

Krahon
My dad had this over 25 years ago. His doctors offered nothing except for removing part of his inner ear which he wasn't going for. The Holistic Dr. put him on a B complex (100) and additionally supplemented specific B vitamins between 100-300 mg a day divided into 3 doses (not sure of the exact dose and what B vitamins they were ). There is information you can search for that talks about doseages on certain websites. My dad was symptom free within a week. He took the vitamins for over a year and then stopped. He has had only 1 or 2 mild cases of dizziness over the last 25 years. It was amazing how much it helped him and his hearing was restored almost to normal too.

Homeopathy is quite amazing. I had 2 experiences with it that were impressive. A bee sting that tripled the size of my thumb that responded to nothing except a homeopathic compound called "Apis" which took my thumb down literally before my eyes within 20 minutes. When I had salivary stones and blockages from them, a Dr. wanted to take the gland out (big surgery) and was put on another homeopathic remedy and I haven't had a problem with stones in over 20 years. It's pretty amazing stuff.

Last edited by cathy1; 09-20-2008 at 10:18 AM.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #53
Veteran
(male)

Boslee2008 HB User

Alexi, I looked up superior oblique myokymia and it seems plausible. It apparently can't be seen by the naked eye and has to be looked at under a microscope. I'm going to look into it.

Rich

Closed Thread