It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #16
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User
Re: Question for the migraine sufferers

L4A,
Really good to hear from you. When you don't post for awhile I think you are either doing really good or really bad.

I keep reminding myself that I made it thru some very long nights at the hospital and didn't have a full nights sleep for a week. I feel gross, but I did it. My husband just got home tonight and I am very strongly leaning towards trying the verapamil this week end. I have to do something.

Can I ask what things you are trying? I would love to find something on the homeopathic front that would bring me some relief. I think that it is fantastic that you are having some good times. I know what you mean about after things have been good and then you have a set back, its almost worse. Hopefully you will find that those times are futher and fewer apart.

I am thinking of you! Hang in there and don't be a stranger!

CK

Old 09-19-2008, 06:30 PM   #17
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

This doctor thinks I have high levels of inflammation throughout my body so I am doing homeopathic remedies to try to relieve that. He thinks the dizziness is coming from my neck, and that it all started when I wiped out on roller blades really hard back in '98. I have a lot of autoimmune issues so I think that unfortunately puts me in a group of people that the docs know little about...

Try the Verapamil--what do you have to lose!

L4A

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #18
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

You know, that is very interesting. That is one thing that I know I do have...inflamation. All of my lab work shows that. I think I told you that I saw a dr who told me she would bet $$ that I end up having an autoimmune issue. I believe it. In March I did alot of things trying to combat the inflamation. My blood work still shows it is high.

I hope that it works for you. I do think neck issues can be related to this. My neck is a mess and has been for years. (old football injury)

I will do the verapamil. I will not have any negative reaction to it. You've taken it and still do, Pam does.....it will be fine.

Have a great week end!

CK

Old 09-19-2008, 07:46 PM   #19
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

That's interesting. I'm beginning to think we were separated at birth. What has your doctor recommended for reducing inflammation? My OMD said a conventional medical dr would recommend Prednisone for me most likely.

L4A

Old 09-19-2008, 08:21 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User

Hi guys! Just popping in to add what you probably already know, that fish/nordic fish oil is apparently great for reducing inflammation. Also steering clear of sugars, processed foods, and lots more things I can't remember...

Violet

Old 09-20-2008, 06:19 PM   #21
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

Hi,
Basically the things Violet said. I also went on a 14 day elimination diet. It was very strict. I added things back in slowly. I didn't think it made a big difference. I was very hopeful. I am allergic to shellfish and usually stay away from all fish, so I have not done the fish oil, although I have heard it really works.

Also another interesting development. I have an 18 year old daughter who has suddenly become very ill. All her joints have swollen, she running fevers in the pm, sleeping 15 hours a day and alot of other weird things. They gave us a dx of RA this week and are running tons of auto-immune tests. Its a long story, I'm very freaked, and I can't help but wondering if WE have something that will make sense of all these symptoms. I just wonder if something has caused the MAV. We won't know anything for another 10 days. Meanwhile she has come back home from college.

I think the fact that you are feeling better tells you that you are doing something right. Keep it up. You maybe standing at your counter instead of leaning on it in no time!!!!!

CK

Old 09-20-2008, 06:25 PM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

CK--

I just wanted to say that I am so sorry that your daughter is feeling ill and that she, you, and your whole family are coping with this new illness. I hope she feels better very, very soon! I don't know much about that illness, but I know it is very hard to have your children be sick. You are all in my thoughts!

Violet

Old 09-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #23
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

Thanks Violet,

It is so strange. We were all so healthy not so long ago. I have a hard time seeing her in so much pain. I feel like the drs are very concerned and doing everything they can.

We moved into a new house 6 months before I got this. Now her. I know it sounds crazy, but I wonder if our house is making us sick. We had it tested for everything before we moved in, but the timing is strange to me. I'm always looking for something to pin my MAV on. Vit D def, auto-immune, food allergy.....Maybe it just is what it is.

Thanks for your kind words. Hope you are doing well.

CK

Old 09-20-2008, 07:07 PM   #24
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Hey CK,

Sorry to hear your daughter is not feeling well. It sounds autoimmune to me. I am going to have a sed rate drawn and an ANA panel this week. Since we share so many symptoms and both have autoimmune issues maybe you might think of doing the same. It just wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what's going on. Keep us updated.

L4A

Old 09-21-2008, 06:35 AM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi, L4A--

What are those tests you mention? Also, how are you doing these days? I hope well!!

Violet

Old 09-21-2008, 07:49 AM   #26
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

L4A,
My sed rate has been high throughout this ordeal. Also my CRP. I did have an ANA and was negative. When I was with my daughter at the rheumatologist she noted that my daughters ANA had been negative. She said "that doesn't matter, it can change at any time". She is running tons of auto-immune tests. I thought I would see how those come back and go from there. I did call my Dr on Fri and ask to have a B-12 done and also my Vit D rechecked. I just KNOW something is going on besides just MAV.

Today I woke up and my thumb was killing me. My husband asked what was wrong and I told him "Now my thumb hurts, but this time its my thumb on my other hand" His response "You don't do much, you probably have atrophy all over your body". That was very helpful.

Hope everyone has a great day. The weather is beautiful here, hopefully it is the same where you are.

CK

Old 09-21-2008, 08:17 AM   #27
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

CK,

What did they recommend to lower your sed rate?

Don't worry too much about your thumb. Maybe you slept on it wrong! I'm sure it will go away. We are so in tune with our bodies. That's good in a way, bad in a way.

L4A

Old 09-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #28
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

L4A,
I went to a rheumatologist. They did and ANA and since it was neg...just ignored it. My Dr says the test doesn't tell you where the inflamation is. Thats when I went somewhere else to find out what I could do to help myself. Hinch, the diet and fish oil.

When my daughter saw this new rheumatologist they asked if anyone in the family had anything funky. I briefly metioned my thing. She thought that was very interesting. It has put the bug in me to see a new rheumatologist and have the auto-immune stuff looked at again. After she commented that things that were negative months ago could certainly be positive now. Have you thought that any of your MAV issues were related to auto-immune? I don't know that mine are, but I do think I have something going on, maybe in addition to the MAV. It would only make sense that inflamation is involved. It's a big puzzle.

I will say my symptoms have changed a little. I have more "shifting" then I used to. I keep thnking maybe its my brain getting Better.

Is the verapamil still helping you? Are you enjoying the grocery store?

CK

Old 09-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #29
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

I was referred to a Dr. Fuhrman who does everything via phone. Apparently an amazing doctor, very smart, very caring and tries to do everything before trying meds.

L4A

Old 09-21-2008, 04:13 PM   #30
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

What kinda doctor? Where is he located? Do you send him all your info?

CK

Closed Thread