It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #31
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User
Re: Question for the migraine sufferers

L4A,
Joel Fuhrman?

CK

Old 09-21-2008, 05:31 PM   #32
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Yep.

L4A

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2008, 08:57 AM   #33
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wowwwweeee HB User

CK,

Has your daughter been tested for Human Parvo Virus B? It's a blood test. This is an auto-immune illness that can mimic RA. I was exposed to this virus when I worked at a rehab facility back in the '80's. It caused me to have VERY swollen joints with pain, and extreme fatigue (I was sleeping almost 20 hours per day). Initially, the doctor did not know to test me for this, but since another colleague also came down with the same symptoms, a doctor that was treating her knew to test for it, and when I found about that test, I requested it of my rheumatologist - that's how I found out that I had it.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by Wowwwweeee; 09-22-2008 at 08:59 AM.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #34
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

Wow,
Thanks! Yes that is one of about 20 things they are looking at. How long does that last? Do you ever thing something like that started something like this?

Have you heard from me?

Hope you are having a good day. I have been very shaky today. Don't know why. I guess I never know why so today is no different.

CK

Old 09-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #35
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wowwwweeee HB User

Ck,

For me, the Parvo symptoms were INTENSE for almost one year, and then I was left was residual problems of loose connective tissue between joints, painful swollen "joint flare ups", off and on fevers, and inflammed lining of my lungs for a few years. I was pretty sick for a long time. I missed months of work, and spent a lot of time resting because I was fatigued and in joint pain a lot. Currently, I just deal with joint pain on and off, but cannot tell if that is due to the exposure, or just me in general. I had to take a course of steroids twice to combat the joint pain and swelling - which was difficult.

I did hear from you - and shouted back right away. Nothing? I will try again - you try again also!

I get very shaky with the imbalance and head stuff; it's like being nervous without the adrenaline feeling.

Today's been awful for me - AWFUL. xo

Old 09-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #36
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Wowwweeee,

I'm interested to read your insight in the post you referred CK to on your diagnosis. Is that on this forum somewhere? You and I share an awful lot of symptoms.

L4A

Old 09-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #37
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wowwwweeee HB User

Hi Looking, and Board,

Yes, we do have a lot of symptoms in common, which is reassuring, but also the pits, I know. The post is an older one of mine, started when my user name was spelled a little differently(it used to be Wowwweee - just a few less letters!). It's called I Believe I Have My Diagnosis. I tried to be as detailed as MAV in that post as possible; I think a few have found it beneficial.

I hope your day is a nice one.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #38
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Wowwweeee,

Thank you, I found it. It is very interesting. I see Dr. Hain again on Friday so I'll be anxious to talk to him again about all of this. Unfortunately I don't have much progress to report to him.

Do you have any autoimmune issues?

By the way--I shouted on excite! Thanks for your input.

L4A

Old 09-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #39
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

Hi,
Hope you are doing ok. Just wanted to ask that you let us know how your visit goes on Friday. I will be anxious to know. I am going for a second opinion on Monday to a neuro-otogist. My sister knows him personally and told him about my deal(the little bit she knows) and he said he'd like to see me. If I can get some of my doubts off the table I know that it will really help me.
I wish you a great day tomarrow. Hopefully I'll talk with you soon.

CK

Old 09-24-2008, 08:08 AM   #40
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Hey CK,

I will definitely post about the visit. I went back and read Wowwweee's old post. It was VERY interesting. You saw that too?

I am so aggravated by these symptoms--the constant imbalance, the feeling that my feet don't know where they are in space, etc. It's awful. I of course am petrified to see the doc on Friday, as I keep waiting for him to tell me something really awful.

How is your daughter?

L4A

Old 09-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #41
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

L4A,
I am thinking that if the dr tells you on Friday that MAV can do all this and then on Monday my dr tells me the same thing, maybe that will give us some reassurance. The dr that I am seeing on Monday told my sister very clearly that there is no cure for this. He said meds do help, you have to find the right one, but they can help the symptoms. I need to go to the hospital today to get my MRI's but I'm so off balance, I'd probably walk in and fall on the floor.

My daughter is not doing any better. I put a call into her dr this am to see if they could do anything else for the pain between now and next Thurs. I am very anxious to get her results back. I am especially interested to hear about the auto-immune part.

I know this sounds stupid, but I have a dental appt Fri to get a filling replaced. I'm so scared its going to put me into spins. The anxiety that it is causes insane. Ugh!

I thought Wows post was great info. I was thrilled when I was done reading it. Like I said I am hoping to hear from you.

Are you still doing the verapamil? My filled bottle is sitting on my nightstand.

CK

Old 09-24-2008, 09:13 AM   #42
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Still on the Verapamil--120mg/daily. I'm wondering if I should increase it. (With the doctor's advice obviously!)

L4A

Last edited by lookng4answrs; 09-24-2008 at 09:13 AM.

Closed Thread