It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User
Question for the migraine sufferers

Here's a weird one--does anyone ever sit really still and feel like they are moving back and forth, ever so slightly? I can't tell if it's my heart beat or what but it's weird. I feel like I am just barely bobbing back and forth. Ideas??

L4A

Old 09-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User
Re: Question for the migraine sufferers

L4A,
Shocker!!!! I have that too. I sometimes ask my husband to watch if I am moving or not. I honestly can not tell. I had that once when I was at the neuro-ot. I told him that this feeling really freaked me out. He told me that was normal with MAV. Isn't everything ABNORMAL NORMAL with MAV?

CK

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

CK,

How did I know you would have this?!?!? You and I have so many similar symptoms it's eerie. Don't go get diagnosed with MS! lol...

L4A

Old 09-10-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

i have this too.....it feels so weird. it happens ALL the time...blah!! i just don't know what to think anymore

Old 09-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
(female)

pamg6 HB User

This is very common and definately a symptom of Migraine!!!!

Pam 3

Old 09-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #6
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Where are you guys reading this? So many of my symptoms have been chalked up to migraine, either on this board or by my doctor but when I try to research it on my own on the internet I don't find anything other than the standard migraine symptoms (migraine headache etc.).

Thanks,

L4A

Old 09-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #7
(female)

pamg6 HB User

Hi L4A,

Internet is good, but sometimes good things aren't the best for us!!!! I had myself chalked up to MS. I joined their forums, began the special diet that some do with MS the whole nine yards. I cried, I worried, I thought well, we did a brain MRI and it was all clear...but, gosh, I haven't had this or that so it must be. I literally worried myself sick and even more depressed. Of course stress being a HUGE migraine trigger, all my symptoms were getting worse!!! Of course, it's important to have any and all tests done that you need, and I did....but as wierd and unlikely as it sounds, I had Migraine Syndrome....rocking, swaying and movement feelings are very common with migraine. I don't understand really how all the vessels and things in the braine work, I just know that when the trigger stes these things off/they become swollen and enflamed, then all sorts of neurological symptoms begin to show up. Read the book "Heal Your Headache" by Dr. David Buchholz. It goes over all symptoms, explains how it all works, lists triggers and meds etc. This doc is a leading expert from Johns Hopkins who specializes in migraine.

Pam 3

Last edited by pamg6; 09-11-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #8
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Thanks Pam,

You're right, I read that book and it was really good. It's funny how sometimes I get so caught up in my symptoms that I convince myself of what it could be, when I've been told what it PROBABLY is. It's like I just can't accept that it's not something worse. Weird?

I sat under flourescents at indoor baseball practice this afternoon. I looked around at how leisurely everyone was and how much they were enjoying everything while I sat there and my head vibrated, and I felt off balance, etc. So frustrating. Of course I was anxious and that just ramps everything up even more. Somehow I have to figure out how not to let this stuff get to me and ruin everyday.

In the meantime I am willing it to go away!!

L4A

Old 09-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User

L4A--

Hello! Did you try the hat and/or sunglasses under the flourescent lights? I've heard that can be helpful...

Violet

Old 09-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #10
(female)

pamg6 HB User

I know what you mean!!!! I hate flourescent lights, and to think in the near future, don't we HAVE TO switch? or that is all that will be available for home use as well? I look so forward to that day
I can only laugh at the head vibration feeling, because who would have ever thought that just a few short years ago,we would be struggling so much in the near future?!?!?!?!?! (did that even make sense???)
It's fun chattin with you guys, it's "nice" to know there are others out there with such bizarre neurological symptoms that you would NEVER mention them to anyone else!!!

Pam 3

Last edited by pamg6; 09-11-2008 at 12:55 PM.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User

Quote:
sat under flourescents at indoor baseball practice this afternoon. I looked around at how leisurely everyone was and how much they were enjoying everything while I sat there and my head vibrated, and I felt off balance, etc. So frustrating. Of course I was anxious and that just ramps everything up even more. Somehow I have to figure out how not to let this stuff get to me and ruin everyday.
Wow....that one really struck a cord with me. I remember when my little boy first started playing baseball and hockey. It was in a big gym and it was awful. Exactly what you described; head vibrating, poor vision, ears ringing so badly and just feeling so sick. I would have to skip some of the practices as it was just too much to mentally handle it. All I can tell you is that over time, there are many of times when I go to stuff like that now and it doesn't bother me. I still have a few bad days here and there (like today) but honestly, it does get better.

I also get that slight rocking or swaying feeling too especially if I sit up really straight. I've asked my hubby numerous times if I was moving and it is always the same answer "no, not at all". If it helps, the better I get, the less it bothers me.

Hugs to all,
Gloria

Last edited by gloria2936; 09-11-2008 at 01:28 PM.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #12
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

Gloria, that is SO wonderful to hear. What have you done to treat this and how long has it been that you suffered and then started feeling better?

L4A

Old 09-11-2008, 07:50 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User

L4A,

My story is a little bizarre. I had an event that triggered this nightmare for me. December will be 4 years for me. I was so ill and can't even believe where I am today. I still have down periods but they are nothing like I use to deal with daily. I have to say time has been my biggest saviour, but have noticed most improvement with Biofeedback and more recently, the prozac I started taking in January of this year.

Little by little the visual symptoms faded away. I just started noticing problems less and less over time. I don't believe I noticed the vision improvements until after 2 years. Switching to glasses instead of my contacts made a huge difference for me as well. Or maybe it was because I was only wearing my glasses and not switching between my contacts and glasses. Less confusion on my eyes and brain maybe or again, maybe just time healing me. Who knows. I don't concentrate on the why anymore but rather the what makes it better.

Every year, I seem to get a bit better. I'm just hopping in another year or two, it is all gone.

Take care,
Gloria

Old 09-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

cknmbbl HB User

Hi,
How are you doing? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Are you feeling ok?

CK

Old 09-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #15
(female)

lookng4answrs HB User

CK,

Hey there. Yeah, I'm here, just haven't posted in a while. I've been doing the homeopathic remedies from the OMD and so far have noticed quite an improvement. It's funny though--I have times where I feel almost normal and then swing back to not well and I swear the bad times feel worse after the good times, but I am thankful that I have periods during the day where I feel pretty darn good. I'm a work in progress, to say the least.

I hope you are feeling ok after all the hard days you've had recently. Remember, the stress of your grandfather's funeral is probably aggravating your condition. Things will improve with time. Have you thought any more about going on the Verapamil?

L4A

Closed Thread