It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User
Sooooo Sick....Anyone??

I have A Terrible Cold It Hit Me Yesterday And Was Runny Nose Then Last Night My Ear Hurt Really Bad And I Thought Ear infction But It Feel Better Now Then It Moved From My Head Mostly To Heavy In My Chest....Well I Went To Go Downstairs And It Was TERRIFYING...I Was Weak And Shaky And SOOOOO Dizzy I Thought I Would GO Head Over Heels....I Have Been So Dizzy Today For HOURS Now And I Am Scared....I Was Supposed To Be Home With My 2 Year Old Son Tomorrow And Get My 5 Year Old OFf To School But Instead I Have TO Beg My Husband To Take The Day Off Of Work And I Know He Really Doesnt Want To ANd We Need The Money But I Just Dont THink I Can DO It Alone.....What IF I Am Walking My Son Down The Stairs And I Fall??? Am I The Only One THat Gets Like This With A Bad Cold??? And Please Tell Me I Will Be Better Soon With out The Dizziness???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
(female)

jadeearth HB User
Re: Sooooo Sick....Anyone??

You will be better soon. You can handle this. Take a deep breathe. Ask your body what it needs.. water, tea, soup, breathe deeply and feel yourself relax, call on your higher strength (As weird as that may seem) and pray. I don't know who i am praying to but lately when i feel in deep despair about this stuff it seems to help.

In a few days the cold will be gone and you'll feel better.
JAde

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

This Is The Worst Vestibular Cold EVER!!! Being With Out Colds My Days Are Ever Slightly Off Balance, Some Visuals, And Just Blah, And Occasional Wooziness.....A Scary Symptom Or Dizziness Sneaks In Occasionally....Well Since I Got This Cold Last Saturday I Have.....Lost 75% Of My Hearing In My Left Year Doesnt Really Feel Full But Maybe Just Like Some Light Cotton In There Or Something But No Popping Feeling Or Pain Except For Pain Sat Night (thoought might have had ear infection but it stopped hurting) When I Wake Up For The Past Three Days I Feel Exhausted (after sleeping 8 hours)And Like I Just Got Off The Gravitron Or Tilt R Whirl I Am Stumbling Around And Into Stuff And Feel Like I Am Going To Fall Over.....Then I Am Continually Dizzy For The Rest Of The Day.....Mostly When I Get Colds I Feel A Little "Off" But This One Really Had Me Going Through The Wringer.....The Cold Started With Slight Sore Throat and Constantly Running Nose Then On Second Day It Went Right To My Chest And I Have Been Hacking Ever Since (which leaves me spinning )...It Feels Like It Is GOing Away And As Far As Colds Go It Wasnt That Bad....My Daughter Still Has The Cough Occasionally And It Has Been AT Least Three Weeks....I Am Thinking I Feel So Bad Vestibularly Cause My Ear MUST Be Blocked I Mean I Cant Hear Right And I Couldnt Have Just Gone Deaf Overnight?? I Have Tried To Get It To Drain So I Can Hear And Maybe Have Some Dizzy Relief (so I can stop taking Valium everyday) I Tried Cleaning My Ear Really Well With QTips, I Tried A Warm Wet Cloth, I Have Tried Vicks On My Chest Every Night Hoping To Break It Up, I Hve Even Tried Laying My Ear On A Hot Water Bottle For Hours.....I Was Debating On Going To My Dr To Make Sure My Ears Were Clogged And I Am Not Really Deaf But Medically There Isnt Much She Can Do For Me And As Far As The Dizziness Goes She Doesnt Understand At All....Any Ideas Guys?? Is This All The Cold?? Any Way To Drain My Ear?? Is It Uncommon For It Not To Be Painful And Feel Really Full If I Lost Hearing Due To Cold Or Could I Really Be Deaf ANd My Bablance System Compromised For Life???

Sorry For The Vent This Is Just Kicking My Butt And Breaking THe Little Spirit I Had LEFT

Old 09-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

went to the dr today and i told them i dont do well on meds they checked my ears and said was little red but if was infection eardrum would be bulging but it is retracted so just fluid no infection then even though i said i was adverse to meds she wrote me list with simply saline, coricidine HBP, and a stupid antibiotic in case i develop ear infection so now even though i already feel like hell i have to start three new meds that could really mess me up....so just really ticked off and freaked out i so hate meds and taking an antibiotic for something i dont even have!

Old 09-19-2008, 09:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User

Hi there D&S--

Simply Saline is just a salt water nose spray to help your nasal passages out...reduce swelling, etc. It is actually a great product and can help you avoid things like sinus infections. No big deal there. Not sure about the other drugs...I do find that antibiotics are more easily tolerated when you take something like Culturelle with them. Otherwise your gut gets messed up from the meds.

Hope you feel better soon!
Violet

Old 09-20-2008, 07:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

started the antibiotics last night cause i didnt want to jeopardize my chances of having all the tests run at my appt on oct 8th at Mass Eye and Ear as it took me 3 months tog et it covered by my insurance and 3 more to get the appt....it makes me nauseous and abdominal pain but just need to push through till wed morning (last dose tuesday night) I may try the simply saline just soooooo dizzy.....

Closed Thread