It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
(male)

Dizzyrascal HB User
I have been slightly better while on Epilim

Hi Scott

Hope all was good in Canada - sorry to hear you have a rough time of this junk when there. What a pain in the backside - do you think it was the flight that caused things to act up?

I heard you mention something about a new migraine programme - natural approach. Would you mind elaborating a bit more. Not sure if you know but I'm all for the natural approach which Im treating my chronic irritable bladder for ( I havent been able to have a beer since last year - great). Its been nearly a year and I think Im getting somewhere. Any info would be good.

Do you feel you have now exhausted all the pharmacological approaches to managing this or is it because the side effects are nailing you to the floor?

My only option is to keep trying every migraine drug until something clicks back into place for me - after that I'm up sh*t creek without a paddle.

FYI - I have been slightly better while on Epilim , to the point I can function better, but its not got me to where Pizo did back in 06. Its been a month, so maybe I need more time. Bizarrly , I had no side effects on Epilim - I've heard so much bad stuff about it I was surprised.

Anyhow bonne chance

Old 09-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User
Re: Scotsman -Your New Migraine Programme

Hi Rascal,

Not surprised at how you have handled that drug with no SEs. This whole thing is like a game of craps. You just have no idea what's next or how anything will affect this condition. You can only play the odds and go through all the meds and wait until you roll some good dice.

I'm really sick to death of meds. Most of them make me feel worse and the ones that do work (some SSRIs) turn me into a fat, libidoless drone. I don't want to feel "fake" on that garbage ever again if I can avoid it.

The migraine program is run by some people in the US and what they do first is order up a bunch of blood tests to look at *everything* going on in your body. They then claim that the reason migraine happens is because of a hormonal imbalance. They throw various things at this with the main aim of using bio-identical hormones to adjust things. They charge an arm and a leg for this though and the "scam" alarm bells have gone off in me. On the other hand I know a few on this and they all swear by it. One guy with an intractable case of MAV who did not respond to any drug apart from some result from effexor (he used everything) now says he feels excellent. He's never said this before. His current regime is this:

SAMe
5-HTP
Pregnenolone
DHEA
7-keto DHEA
Testosterone
Saw Palmetto
Vitamin E
Zinc
Vitamin D3
Glucosamine
Phosphatidylserine

I worry that if I get into this I'll just get knocked around. I tried 5htp before and it was not good although it could have been other things too at the time. There's a book out there on this approach too called The Migraine Cure. But anyone who says "cure" makes me think "yeah right". I will probably have a go though ... it's the ultimate natural approach I guess.

Scott

ps the attacks in Canada were from a number of things I think – jet lag, different food, excitement, the whole thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread