It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2008, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

rwil HB User
how long must you wait for bppv to go away

how long must you wait for bppv to go away

Old 12-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #2
(female)

Adrienne H. HB User
Re: how long must you wait for bppv to go away

Hi Rwil,
Its different for everyone. You can wait for the "crystals" to dissolve or you can do repositioning exercises which will move them out of there much faster. I found the MEP (Modified Epley Procedure) exercises to be the best/fastest. A trained doctor or vestibular rehabilitation therapist can perform the Epley Maneuver or you can do the Modified Epley at home yourself, twice a day. Check the sticky board for more info.
Good luck and feel better!

a.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #3
(female)

rwil HB User

thanks a
is it this funny condition or am i getting really old but i am finding that i am not as focused as usual and everything seems to be such an effort to concerntrate. what do u think

Old 12-10-2008, 05:44 AM   #4
(female)

ssdizzy HB User

You're not imagining things - it's what people tend to call "brain fog." It happens because your brain is so busy working to keep you balanced and dealing with the dizziness that it can't seem to do the everyday things anymore. It's very very frustrating - but it is also very common with inner ear disorders.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:15 AM   #5
(female)

Adrienne H. HB User

Yep Rwil...thats the brain fog alright. I think next to the actual dizziness its the worst symptom to deal with. Its a total out of body experience. Its like you are in slow motion and there is a veil between you and the rest of the world that you just cant cut through. It will come and go and eventually, hopefully disappear altogether when you recover. Once your dizziness subsides your brain can begin concentrating on something other than compensating for the balance injury-just like ssdizzy explained.

a.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #6
(male)

needing2know HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne H. View Post
Hi Rwil,
Its different for everyone. You can wait for the "crystals" to dissolve or you can do repositioning exercises which will move them out of there much faster. I found the MEP (Modified Epley Procedure) exercises to be the best/fastest. A trained doctor or vestibular rehabilitation therapist can perform the Epley Maneuver or you can do the Modified Epley at home yourself, twice a day. Check the sticky board for more info.
Good luck and feel better!

a.
Adrienne H. I recently posted a help!!! severe flipping spinning post on 12-25 about my mom, I noticed you mention here about waiting on crystals to disolve or doing home version of something? this was about your responce on the "How long does it take for bppv to go away" If you find my post itll explaine what were going thru, ty Ray

Closed Thread