It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2003, 07:52 PM   #1

Flash50 HB User
Post Allergic to Dental Crown?

I recently went to my dentist for a normal cleaing. The gum line around a crown that I have had for 7-8 months was still inflammed. When I told the dentist I was having vertigo problems he told me to get tested for allergies to metal since the bottom of the crown had these items. They had a client who suffered vertigo and when they replaced the crown with a pure porcelin one her symptoms disappeared. I know I have damage to one ear from an ENG test but I have realized that my worse symptoms began when I got the crown!
Has anyone ever heard of this?

Old 03-13-2003, 01:50 PM   #2

darnaj HB User
You are not going to believe this but I never thought of this as well. I just thought nothing of it. But I have two fillings in my mouth. Some tooth number on the top rt and lt sides. One of the fillings fell out and I accidentally swallowed it,the other is inflammed and constantly irritates me. About the same time the filling fell out I got the dizziness and lightheadedness and vertigo. I don't know if it was a coincidence because I also had fluid in the ear after that as well as an infection. However I do know that some people do have reactions to the metals AND the contents of the packing material, in fact some people get poisining which has lead to several cases of MS, multiple sclerosis. Yes this is in fact true! I couldn't believe it myself, but there is an institution that deals with that particular problem. Ask to go for either mercury and lead levels of your blood. If they are increased that will lead to weakness and dizziness. Good luck, god bless.

------------------
Dana J

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2003, 08:12 PM   #3

Flash50 HB User
I called my allegy office to schedule this testing and they don't do it. I have to see a dermatologist and they will use a patch to test for the metals. It takes two months to get an appt unfortunately.

Closed Thread