It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2003, 07:04 PM   #1

ajbauer74 HB User
Post ETD- swollen glands anyone?

I was just diagnosed with Eustachian Tube Dysfunction and I have swollen glands under my ears. Does anyone else have this symptom? How long do they last?

Thank you for any insight!

april

Old 04-04-2003, 11:02 AM   #2
Spaced out

Wink

Hi April

I've just had lab for the 5th time - don't know if it is lab - my GP thinks it is, but ENT thinks not - thought possibly due to hyperventilating - although if he's right - I had no idea I was doing it! Anyway - this last time, I had a swollen gland that was sticking so far out of my neck, you could see it! I was really rough for a couple of weeks, but just unsteady and v.v.tired since end Jan. Today I had 3 small vertigo attacks - 2 at work and 1 in a shop! Not funny!

I wondered if I might have ETD - from reading up on my symptoms, and so, convinced my GP to try me on Nasonex, which seemed to be unblocking my ears - until today!

But yes - the swollen glands only lasted about 5 days - but I do get bumps which come up and down on the bones behind my ears, and on my head - and I've only had those since first time had lab - 4 years ago now.

Hope you're feeling better. How did your doc come to diagnose ETD? What are you taking for it?

Best wishes

S O xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2003, 02:08 AM   #3

kippers HB User
Hi April

I too would like to know the symptoms you have to be diagnosed with ETD??

thanks

Old 04-06-2003, 07:30 AM   #4

ajbauer74 HB User
Hi- thanks for the response. I went to the doctor complaining of stuffed up ears, pressure and popping. Also swollen glands under my ears. Oh- and the vision in one of my eyes would go blurry sometimes. He said he thought my eustachian tubes were blocked due to a cold I had a month ago. He told me to take Sudafed and that should help to open them back up.... my ears feel better, but the glands under my ears are still there and ache.

Good luck!

April

Old 04-06-2003, 12:24 PM   #5

crazylegs HB User
Hi there

Some of you may know that I have been recovering from Lab over the last 11 months. Dizzyness mostly now has gone but still slightly unsteady on my feet in the dark. I too have the blocked ear feeling and have been prescribed Beconase nasal spray by my GP (Doctor, if your in the US). He said that I should take this for a couple of months in order for it to open up the E tube. Now been taking it for 2weeks a have noticed some improvement.

Closed Thread