It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2003, 12:10 PM   #1

stevenhud HB User
Post constant fluid in ears and tubes question

Hello all, i am new to the board i am a 32 y/o male, here in massachusetts. For the past couple of years my ears will fill up with fluid (as my ent described it a bright yellow fluid)after a year of decongestants and nasal sprays ands antibiotics etc, the ent put a tube in each ear and suctioned out the fluid,( how gross is the sound of your ear drum being cut eww)anywway this worked great for about 7 months then the tube fell out etc. of course shortly there after the fluid came back and im so sick of people telling me to speak up due to the fact that i sound louder in my head than i actually speak. Anyway, im goin in next thirsday with the hopes of getting tubed again in my left ear (which is the worst) and was wonderring if anyone else has had to go through this over and over and if they found anything else that helped? the worst part of it all is when i roll over to my right side my left ear which is totaly blocked is the ony one that is avaailable to hear with and i cant ear a dman thing though it, so ill immediatwly feel like ive gone deaf and it scares the bejeezus out of me. thanks for any help, or thanks just for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2003, 01:58 PM   #2

doyle HB User
Red face

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about your ear. I am a 27 year old woman also going through what you have been for a year and a half now. I have fluid (ottis media) in my left ear since January of 2002. I have been on atibiotic after atibiotic and the fluid is still there. I also had severe hearing loss and was told to speak louder because I to also think that I am speaking louder than I am. As a last resort my ENT perscribed a three week supply, six tablets a day 150mg caps of Clindamycin HCL. If that did not work she planned to put a tube in my ear. I must say that last perscription cleared it up alot and my hearing has improved. I still have fluid in my ear but not as much as before. My ENT has decided that she would not put a tube in but will have me monitor it and see her every three months for a check up. The most difficulty that I have with this disorder is that it has left me having to deal with a foggy head and panic attacks. The panic attacks are triggered when ever I am in motion or when ever there is to much visual stimulation. I have a discussion thread about inner ear fluid and anxiety already posted on this board. I never had panic attacks before this ear thing started. I am curious to know if you have also experienced panic attacks as a result of this dissorder.

Most importantly, keep strong and well, and know that you are not the only one out there having to deal with this disorder.

doyle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread