It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2003, 10:34 AM   #1
Inactive

Fighter HB User
Post Jumpy eyes

Just curious,

How many of you ezperience a jumpy eyes type of thing? Where it seems like your eyes have to keep refocusing when looking at an object. Or like you cant hold an object totally still when trying ro focus on it.

I don't know if it's always been like that and I'm just exxtremely aware and sensitive to anythin and everything or what. Any response would be appreciated. Thanks all and hope you all the best. ---fighter

Old 08-24-2003, 10:43 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Anastasia HB User
hey fighter

count me in for jumpy eyes. i also had a weird "strobe-light" vision thing a while back. my neurologist was baffled. i think it might be from tension because my eyes are also sore all of the time like there's a little man in there trying to kick them out of my skull. it may also be a TMJd thing. they're blood shot so i look like a junkie. yay. i'm not exactly sure what is causing all of my eye problems. my vision is still okay and i had a field vision test to check for nerve damage and nothig unusual was found. i guess i'll find out what the skinny is when i have an MRI.

Take Care

Anastasia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2003, 06:41 AM   #3
Inactive

Emsybobs HB User
Yep also get jumpy eyes and sometimes find it tricky to focus on one small thing. xxx

Old 08-25-2003, 04:25 PM   #4
Veteran

I Robertson HB User
Hi Fighter - how are ya?

Yes I get this too - it is worse when I am feeling really dizzy and off balance. I often find that things all have a a shimmer around them or are shifting or not entirely still. Then I get the feeling that one eye is focusing faster than the other (weird eye know - pardon the pun)...LOL.....ok not that funny. Are you ok?

Old 08-25-2003, 07:33 PM   #5
Inactive

Fighter HB User
Hey I robertson,

It seems like your spirits have been up a little lately, that's awesome. Today was good for me so far, thanks for asking how I'm doing. How are you doing? and the little ones? Hope all is well with you.

We're gonna get over this thing girl. I know it and you know it. It's cool to get on here and talk with cool people like you. Take care. Talk more soon.

Old 08-26-2003, 02:21 PM   #6
Veteran

I Robertson HB User
Hey Fighter - sounds like your spirits have lifted too - I really think it must be a misery to have the anxiety on top of this nasty thing - god when i had intense anxiety it was worse than this lab's thing. Well actually I like neither but you know what I mean. How are you?? are you having any improvement or same old same old? You are right this is but a phase of our life like any other that will pass and end - this dizzy thing ain't forever just for now. Catch ya later - its great 2 hear from ya.

Old 08-26-2003, 06:07 PM   #7

sboily HB User
Hi Eric,

I read your post from the anxiety board. Thanks. You really made me laughed when I was reading the part about the frozen animal. But it's so true. I do notice that I hold my breath when I'm in "panic mode".

As for jumpy eyes and difficulty focussing on an object, I get that all day! I play guitar and find it so hard to read my music now. I have to stop often to regroup. Everything is so blurry.

My wedding is on September 20. I still have so much to do... But I am trying not to stress myself out, given everything I've been through.

Were you able to get your EI? It must be so difficult. Do you have support from family and friends. My family refuses to acknowledge that I have an illness. My parents are psychiatrists so they only see the anxiety and depression and refuse to believe there is something else. They never want to talk about it, they pretend like everything is normal.

Thank goodness my soon to be husband is so compassionate and so patient. He has been a rock and I can't believe he still wants to marry me after the last 11 weeks.

Keep me posted on your recovery and I'll let you know how my appointment with the neurologist goes.

sarah

Old 08-27-2003, 03:05 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

brina HB User
hi fighter.
just to let u know of another who has had the same symps.....

best wishes
brina

Old 08-27-2003, 11:58 AM   #9

brownjt1 HB User
Thumbs up

Fighter, I have noticed the exact same thing the past 3-4 months, I have also been wondering if it's my ears. Have you noticed either of these things:
1) It's worst when I first wake up, especially if I get up in the middle of the night, I can't focus on anything. This is new so I think it must be related to my ears.
2) Have you been to a library lately? I was, and within 5 minutes of looking up and down and the books, head slightly tilted, I was so dizzy I could hardly walk. Otherwise my primary symptom is slight nausea.
Good luck.

Old 08-28-2003, 06:07 AM   #10
Veteran

I Robertson HB User
Brown - that is sooooooo a balance symptom - the looking up and down provoking the dizzies - so now you now why ya get the nausea. I honestly had the nausea even when like you the balance symptoms were not persistent. Its gross that dizzy thing - ask Brina she will agree. I get the same and I get it at home alot - it is murder looking into cupbaords to get stuff for the kids!! and cook tea etc - I find bending over does the same.

Old 08-28-2003, 06:04 PM   #11
Inactive

Fighter HB User
I notice that when I get in to a cupboard and have to look up into it, it seems like the things in the cupboard shift and that really trips me out. Wierd.

Closed Thread