It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2003, 08:49 PM   #1

waldo HB User
Post Ginger Toot for diziness

Anyone ever tried taking Ginger Root for diziness. I take 1 gram with each meal and it helps more than anything else like Meclizine, Serc...etc.,

Ginger Root it really good for other health benefits also, bloating, stomache upset, diziness, blood Pressure. Do a reacearch and hope to receive some good feedbacks. Try it for a week to 10 days.

[This message has been edited by waldo (edited 07-16-2003).]

Old 07-29-2003, 08:29 PM   #2

waldo HB User
well anyone tried it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2003, 09:59 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Anastasia HB User
hey waldo

i've never tried it but from your post it sounds like a wonder drug. i think i'll give it a go and i'll let you know how it works for me. Thanx for the suggestion

anastasia

Old 07-30-2003, 02:28 AM   #4

waldo HB User
Here's the vitamins and supplements I take daily. Just give it a try and I'm sure its going to make you feel better. Just post after trying it out.

Strong Multi Vitamin (1 in the morning and 1 at night)

Strong B-Vitamin (1 in the morning and 1 at night)

Ginger Root (1 gram with each meal)

12mg Chlorotrimeton at night and sometimes and sometimes 1 extra at night. I use the generic brand which is cheaper.

Melatonin 3mg before bed

Fish Oil 5 grams with each meal

I know that above are alot of pills to pop but I also need these because I workout alot in the gym to build my body and if any of you are athletes or not, its still good. Good luck to you all.

Old 07-30-2003, 06:25 AM   #5
Inactive

Wowwweee HB UserWowwweee HB UserWowwweee HB User
Smile

I was just reading an article on using ginger for vertigo. It's used very commonly for motion sickness, not as a preventative or cure, but rather as an alleviator.

I was also thinking about adding it more to my diet, as it's already a natural substance found in a lot of products.

Keep us posted.

Old 07-30-2003, 11:20 AM   #6
Inactive

Emsybobs HB User
I have had success with Ginger. I think it's brilliant for a lot of things and I often have ginger tea. I take it if my dizziness gets v bad and if I feel nauseous. It takes the edge off it all. xxx

Old 07-30-2003, 07:42 PM   #7

waldo HB User
Yeah Ginger Roots is really good and its natural. I take 2-500mg after each mean and I also pop 1 or 2 capsules whenever I feel like or go anywhere. At least it helps with than not taking anything. Plus there are other health benefits taking Ginger Root. Keeps my stomache and heart strong too.

Old 08-30-2003, 08:08 PM   #8
(male)

javr1976 HB User
Waldo,

Where would i get ginger in a capsule or tablet form. I read you take 1 to 2 capsules and its works for you and others..but i have not been able to eat anything except soups and drink water due to nausea and almost vomiting for 3 weeks due to this Lab. I would really like to start eating real foods and gain my weight back. Would Ginger help with keeping food down as well? And where can I get the capsule form? I understand your in Asia but mabe you could give me an idea of what stores may carry here in the States..any help would be appreciated.
..thanks in advance

Old 09-01-2003, 04:17 PM   #9

jim's girl HB User
My grandmother used to have chrystallized ginger on
the sideboard, nibbled as she went by. I keep it
around. It doesn't help dizziness, but seems to
help the nausea some.

Chinese fishermen keep a jar (ginger jar!) on board
and chew it all day long, I'm told. You can get
"ginger tea" bags, which is just ground ginger. I blend
it with GreenJasmine Tea. (With sugar, it's very pleasant...not so good if you're not allowed sugar.)

Supposedly research was done with Norwegian sailors,
taking capsules, so I think it's valid. I guess it's
a matter of degree...of the nausea, and how much it
helps, or doesn't.

Nice to have a place to hear other's experiences!

Old 09-01-2003, 10:27 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Anastasia HB User
hi kids

i've been drinking ginger root in tea form and it seems to help me sleep better at night. the spacey-feeling is still the same and so is the slight dizziness but it's been great actually having a full nights sleep sometimes.

Old 09-02-2003, 12:21 AM   #11

waldo HB User
Hi Javr, Inface I order my ginger root from USA which is chear than in Asia. You can guy it from any vitamin and supplement store. Also you can order it on line as there are many sites. Do a search. Try it and let us know how you feel. Please look into another post where I mentioned that I also take other things like Anti-histamine and Multi and B Vitamins.

Closed Thread