It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
(female)

sue003 HB User
dizziness, pressure, ringing in ears

HI. I'm a 43 year old female. I have had sinus problems for about ten years.
I have been to several ENt's Have tried just about every sinus med and allergy med out there. Nothing has helped me. I have had problems with inner ear infections. I've gotten ear tubes put in. They were sucked out when I got an outer ear fugal infection. A few months later I got another inner ear infection and the right one was put back in.
The thing is, I have had dizziness for about a year now. I've had it before then but not all the time.
I also get this pressure in my head. Like someone squeezing it. And I get a fullness in my ears. LIke They are swollen , even when the doc says they look okay. I get tinnitus all the time.
MOstly the dizziness bothers me most because I can't drive when i feel like that.
I often find my eyes are sore and tired.
I have been told by ENT's that it's not sinus because sinus doesn't make you dizzy...?? Some said Migraine's..although I don't relaly get headaches so much as pressure.
one ENT sent me to a Neurologist. He did all kinds of tests and said it wasn't Migraines. But he didn't give time an answer as to what the cause was and what to do about it.
My GP says it's pressure brought on by changes in the weather..which doesn't help. Nothing I can do about the weather.
I'm so frustrated because nobody's doing anything to help me. I just want to feel a little more normal , I just want to drive my car and get out of the house. That's not much to ask.
But I have no idea of what to do at this point.
I was wondering if anyone else had similar symptoms and what their causes were. Or if anyone knew of any tests that I might take to help me find some answers.
I do know that i do have dry sinuses. I have started to take this oil called Ponaris which has helped me somewhat. I have also tried sinus flushing.
I just want to know how to treat this dizziness, and pressure.
any help appreciated.
Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
(male)

spoonse HB User
Re: dizziness, pressure, ringing in ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue003 View Post
HI. I'm a 43 year old female. I have had sinus problems for about ten years.
I have been to several ENt's Have tried just about every sinus med and allergy med out there. Nothing has helped me. I have had problems with inner ear infections. I've gotten ear tubes put in. They were sucked out when I got an outer ear fugal infection. A few months later I got another inner ear infection and the right one was put back in.
The thing is, I have had dizziness for about a year now. I've had it before then but not all the time.
I also get this pressure in my head. Like someone squeezing it. And I get a fullness in my ears. LIke They are swollen , even when the doc says they look okay. I get tinnitus all the time.
MOstly the dizziness bothers me most because I can't drive when i feel like that.
I often find my eyes are sore and tired.
I have been told by ENT's that it's not sinus because sinus doesn't make you dizzy...?? Some said Migraine's..although I don't relaly get headaches so much as pressure.
one ENT sent me to a Neurologist. He did all kinds of tests and said it wasn't Migraines. But he didn't give time an answer as to what the cause was and what to do about it.
My GP says it's pressure brought on by changes in the weather..which doesn't help. Nothing I can do about the weather.
I'm so frustrated because nobody's doing anything to help me. I just want to feel a little more normal , I just want to drive my car and get out of the house. That's not much to ask.
But I have no idea of what to do at this point.
I was wondering if anyone else had similar symptoms and what their causes were. Or if anyone knew of any tests that I might take to help me find some answers.
I do know that i do have dry sinuses. I have started to take this oil called Ponaris which has helped me somewhat. I have also tried sinus flushing.
I just want to know how to treat this dizziness, and pressure.
any help appreciated.
Sue
Hi Sue,

It must be so frustrating for you and to not to be able to get to the bottom of it is the most annoying thing.

I have similar symptoms where i have raging tinnitus in my right ear and fullness all the time in what feels like my eustachian tubes as opposed to my ears.I have had ears checked by ent and even went private which cost me an arm and a leg but they said my ears are fine.

Just lately i have experienced quite a bit of dizziness and its really horrible but i'm in the same boat as you and can't get a straight answer,

good luck Lloyd

Old 02-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
(female)

sue003 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrichmentor View Post
Dear Sue,

Your Tinnitis and Dizziness could be due to suppressed coryza as you mentioned that your sinuses are dry. There is a herbal rememdy Cincona Officinalis that could possibly help you if you take it it homeopathic potenecy of 30c. This remedy has been known to help in conditions of dizziness, tinntus, restricted feeling possibly resulting from suppression of the sinus inflammation. You may like to try a dose and see if that helps as it is very safe to try one dose. Else you could consult a good local homeopath. Hope this helps
thanks I'll look into that. I would like to see a good homeopath that deals with sinus problems. Problem is I don't know how to find one. First just to find a homeopath I wouldn't know where to start and how to know if they were really good doctors. I don't really have the money for it. I'm on disability and only have Medicaid but I would pay out of pocket if I knew they had helped someone like me. I just don't know of anyone who goes to homeopath doctors.
Sue

Old 02-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
(female)

sue003 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonse View Post
Hi Sue,

It must be so frustrating for you and to not to be able to get to the bottom of it is the most annoying thing.

I have similar symptoms where i have raging tinnitus in my right ear and fullness all the time in what feels like my eustachian tubes as opposed to my ears.I have had ears checked by ent and even went private which cost me an arm and a leg but they said my ears are fine.

Just lately i have experienced quite a bit of dizziness and its really horrible but i'm in the same boat as you and can't get a straight answer,

good luck Lloyd
Lloyd,
thanks for the reply. it can be frustrating not getting any answers to all of this, and I appreciate you taking time to let me know I'm not alone.
Sue

Old 02-23-2009, 05:09 AM   #5
(female)

Winetuscany12 HB User

Were you checked to see if you have Menieres Disease? Or it could be caused by the Neuro transmitters next to your ear causing the pain which effects the nerve in that area. At first I was diagnosed with Menieres and didn't have it, I take medication..last resort is to have my nerve cut, which will leave me deaf in my right ear.

When we cease to believe in what makes us happy...we cease believing in where life will take us. "Quote by Alias Winetuscany"

Old 03-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #6
(female)

deedeehastings HB User

You should investigate TMJ, I did not have jaw pain, but had ear pain, ear pressure, headaches,and ear ringing. Quick fix , go to a good chirppractor, they can realighn jaw and neck.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
(female)

sue003 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winetuscany12 View Post
Were you checked to see if you have Menieres Disease? Or it could be caused by the Neuro transmitters next to your ear causing the pain which effects the nerve in that area. At first I was diagnosed with Menieres and didn't have it, I take medication..last resort is to have my nerve cut, which will leave me deaf in my right ear.
sorry I didn't see this before I haven't been checking my email regular being that I have been feeling so crummy. anyways, I've never been checked for Menieres Disease but I've read about it. I thought that the symptoms seemed very severe . Mine are disabling in the way that i can't drive or feel lousy but I don't have the throwing up and severe feeling of spinning, so I thought I wouldn't have it. Maybe I should ask the doc if it's possible to have Menieres Disease without it being that severe? it's a thought, thank you.
Susan

Closed Thread