It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #16
(female)

lacemaker HB User
Smile Re: Semi- circular canal occlusion surgery patient

Hi Thanks for thinking of me. I am still not right (dizzy but different from before I had the op) I did the exercises they told me to do but made little difference. (had not the patience to keep doing them).

Had may last apointment with the consultant and told him that I had made my mind up that I could live with how I was feeling. Going for a walk and a busy day show the weekness up but I do try to do the exercises |(moving head let to right whilst walking) but does not make a lot of difference. At least the nausea has gone. Then bang back inOctober I woke one morning tried to get out of bed and IT WAS BACK! the head spinning and nausea! three days in bed to recover and phoned the hospital to request an appointment had to wait until Dec 16th, last Friday in fact.

Not much joy there other than being told that the last episode was probably Labrynthitis and that I would propably get the symptoms again until the infection has worn itself out! I have been discharged so if I want to see an ENT doctor again I wil have to go to my GP first for a referal. So I have to think positive and forget about it all and if the sysptoms come back hope that a few days in bed will get rid of it!! I have come to the conclusion that I will never be rid of this damn thing but hopefully it wont happen in my other ear!

Thats all for now hope I have not bored you moaning on!? Good Luck

The Following User Says Thank You to lacemaker For This Useful Post:
ezrider52 (12-31-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #17
(female)

maryanne-k HB User
Re: Semi- circular canal occlusion surgery patient

Hello,
I'm sorry to hear that it came back but once u have the surgery then u should never get bppv (vertigo) again. what type of surgery did u have? hope u feel better soon... I still haven't decided to get the surgery... but for now as long as I'm careful no bppv... thank goodness! I truly pray to God that there will be some sort of cure for people with vestibular diease, disorder, disfuntion! Happy Holidays!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #18
(female)

lacemaker HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanne-k View Post
Hello,
I'm sorry to hear that it came back but once u have the surgery then u should never get bppv (vertigo) again. what type of surgery did u have? hope u feel better soon... I still haven't decided to get the surgery... but for now as long as I'm careful no bppv... thank goodness! I truly pray to God that there will be some sort of cure for people with vestibular diease, disorder, disfuntion! Happy Holidays!
The op I had was semicircular canal occlusion on my left ear I consider the op to be sucessful but still have side effects like dizzyness, but not BPPV. So just have to get on with life and hope for no more repeats!

Old 12-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #19
(female)

maryanne-k HB User

Hi,
mine is my left ear too, i've been diagnosed in march 2005. no known cause and i was only 27 years old. i've been symptom free for almost 6 years until last jan it came back but been good since... probably cause i don't sleep or roll to my left. but for now it's ok. my doctor is very well known and he has it in his right ear for 30 years... he said when i'm ready he wants me to act naturally as in roll and stop avoiding my left side. then we'll see how often this monster comes back. he mentioned semicircular occlusion but he said he would rather perfom the singular neurectomy... i was hoping to find out other people with bppv and if they got surgery and is it ok. hope u feel better soon!

Closed Thread