It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
(male)

martelmungo HB User
Whats wrong with my ears.

For about a week I have had a crackling noise in my ear, that I only hear when its quiet. It tends to happen when i try to go to sleep. But it only crackles if i lay on one of my sides. If I lay on my left side my left ear crackles, and vise versa. Now the past two days it sometimes feels as like the feeling you feel when you have an earache, just without pain, kind of like a irritation. I cleaned my ears out using warm water, putting water in each ear and holding it in for a minute. Then I did the same thing with peroxide. And i still get the crackling and sometimes irritation.

Other Info.

In December I had a bad ear ache, after the earache passed my ears softly rang for like 1-2weeks, then went away.
Some site mentioned that jaw pain can mean something or jaw cracking. Well sometimes when I eat my jaw will pop several times, but that has been going on before December.
Oh and when i move my ears, (using facial muscles) It stops the crackling and the irritation.
I did this to help my earache stop hurting during December by moving my ears, which when i did it would stop the earache pain.
I know when i yawn i get the same affect as if I move my ears. And yawning helps open the est tubes, so i can voluntary open the tubes then?

Anyway what is my problems. Its been driving me up the wall. I first thought there was something in my ear like a bug which even now paranoids the crap out of me. Then I read it could be the air pressure. well i just want a good answer from somebody, instead of me guessing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
(female)

number 81 HB User
Re: Whats wrong with my ears.

It could be a problem with your eustachian tubes. They are tiny tubes that lead from the inside of your ear down into the back of your throat.

If they get blocked up from things like infection, oen can often feel pressure and hear a "crackling" when the fluid or obstruction moves. it can be quite annoying!

as for the jaw thing, that could also be the offender. it's often very hard to tell a TMJ disorder from an ear problem because they sit so close together.

My ears pop every time i yawn (even if i yawn one right after the other).

you may just still have a bit of fluid backed up in your tubes. talk to your doctor. you may also want to see an ENT (ear, nose, throat) doc as well if the problem doesn't go away.

Closed Thread