It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

wannarun HB User
Epley Omniax Chair for BPPV

Hi all. I just wanted to let you know if you are diagnosed with BPPV, and you are lucky enough to have a place near you that has the Epley omniax chair, I would highly recommend it.
I had been diagnosed with bppv in both ears recently. The right side seemed clear, but the left was giving some slow spins and being quite stubborn- even after multiple epley treatments on the table.
So on the suggestion of my PT, I went in the chair. I was nervous, but after checking the usual canals where the crystals are found and nothing major happening, we tried the horizontal canals. I had big spins! So she treated the horizontal canal in the chair-talk about funky angles! And then tested again. The crystals were gone-meaning I didn't have any dizziness!
I am over the moon, and will be following up with them in a couple of weeks to check all the canals again, and treat if necessary.
The chair was more comfortable than I thought it would be, and you do go into some weird positions, like face down, where you are being held in by the straps! Surprisingly, I actually would prefer to go in the chair than treat on the table.
I was only a little off for the rest of the day...felt like I had been on some amusement park ride that left some spaciness in my head. The only nausea I felt was in the chair, in the position that brought on dizziness when the crystals were in the horizontal canal, but it passed quickly.
That's my experience, and again, if you are a candidate for the chair, don't shy away from it because it looks intimidating. Some of the angles I was in to treat the horizontal canal I cannot imagine getting into on the table! It's actually, in my opinion, better than an epley treatment on the table.

Last edited by wannarun; 12-23-2009 at 07:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
(male)

navi6784 HB User
Re: Epley Omniax Chair for BPPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarun View Post
Hi all. I just wanted to let you know if you are diagnosed with BPPV, and you are lucky enough to have a place near you that has the Epley omniax chair, I would highly recommend it.
I had been diagnosed with bppv in both ears recently. The right side seemed clear, but the left was giving some slow spins and being quite stubborn- even after multiple epley treatments on the table.
So on the suggestion of my PT, I went in the chair. I was nervous, but after checking the usual canals where the crystals are found and nothing major happening, we tried the horizontal canals. I had big spins! So she treated the horizontal canal in the chair-talk about funky angles! And then tested again. The crystals were gone-meaning I didn't have any dizziness!
I am over the moon, and will be following up with them in a couple of weeks to check all the canals again, and treat if necessary.
The chair was more comfortable than I thought it would be, and you do go into some weird positions, like face down, where you are being held in by the straps! Surprisingly, I actually would prefer to go in the chair than treat on the table.
I was only a little off for the rest of the day...felt like I had been on some amusement park ride that left some spaciness in my head. The only nausea I felt was in the chair, in the position that brought on dizziness when the crystals were in the horizontal canal, but it passed quickly.
That's my experience, and again, if you are a candidate for the chair, don't shy away from it because it looks intimidating. Some of the angles I was in to treat the horizontal canal I cannot imagine getting into on the table! It's actually, in my opinion, better than an epley treatment on the table.
Hi, Just wondering if you have had any reoccurrences since your chair procedure?
Also wondering where you got it done and if anyone else has found a location in Canada that has the chair?

Thanks.

Closed Thread