It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2010, 07:25 AM   #76
(female)

Angela Hales HB User
Talking Re: Just diagnosed with Vestibular Imbalance Disorder... after a decade!!! Now what?

Hi alborde

Sorry to confuse you - I think I have my terminology wrong!! Maybe I mean 'thread' instead of 'board' or 'forum'???. Anyway it's the one entitled 'Anyone else with bilateral vestibular loss?' I've followed you and Jezsab on it but couldn't access it yesterday hence the posting on this' thread'. I think in future I'll just post my comments on the 'Anyone else with bilateral vestibular loss?' bit. There seems more activity from a wider range of fellow sufferers.

Ahnyway, not too bad a day today - spent all day taking minutes in a meeting and managed to keep my concentration for most of it!! Off home now to do battle with 3 kids!

And glad to hear that like me you're jot going to 'give in' to this thing - there must be some help out there somewhere!

Old 01-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #77
(female)

alborde HB User
Re: Just diagnosed with Vestibular Imbalance Disorder... after a decade!!! Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Hales View Post
Hi alborde

Sorry to confuse you - I think I have my terminology wrong!!
Hi Angela. I'm not confused any more. cool. i'll see you at the other discussion/thread/topic or whatever we want to call it.
Very exciting that you could take notes at a long meeting.
I've had a good day too.
Some days are better than others...
It's good to know that we are not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2010, 01:52 AM   #78
(female)

jezsab HB User
Re: Just diagnosed with Vestibular Imbalance Disorder... after a decade!!! Now what?

Hi Angela
I hope Debbie is able to help you. She will be able to determine whether Brainport could be helpful in your case. I hope you get good results from seeing her.
The most frustrating part of vestibular disturbances are that they are such a long term problem for the sufferer. It's not like a condition where you can have an operation, go through a post op recovery process then get on with your life. I have found it has restricted so much of my normal daily activities, and the recovery is very slow. It's great that we have the opportunity to share experiences and maybe help someone else if we find a solution that works for us. I am willing to try different approaches until I find something that helps me. Like you, I don't want to give in. I sympathise with you having to manage work and home as well as deal with serious and debilitating symptoms. After my neurosurgery I wasn't well enough to return to work so had to retire early. My recovery has not been easy but at least I haven't had to cope with going to work. When I have needed to rest I have that opportunity.
Janet

Closed Thread

Tags
attention, cognitive, inner ear, memory, vertibular