It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
(female)

Aff HB User
Unhappy can someone please please help me, ive been worried sick

ive had inner ear problem symptoms for about nearly 2 weeks now, at first i thought my asthma had been trigurd off as i had got really dizzy which caused me to panic and caused breathing difficulties, however after being on antibiotics and steroids i became very dizzy again which was last week and the next day i went to see a doctor who just based it on fear of asthma. however i have had constant lightheadidness, i threw up once after i got back from the doctors last week after feeling very cold and shaky but have not thrown up anymore since then. its just been dizziness, lightheadidness, tiredness, weakness, trouble sleeping and some sick feelings. today i saw a nurse who said it could be an inner ear problem as my symptoms all add up..she did some tests and checked my throat and said i had a few white dots that seemed like ulcers in my throat, ive had a bit of a sore throat but nothing major. she told me to rest for a week and not go into college or anything and if things get worse on friday to go back. however i have been really worried as ive read loads about it and a lot of people are saying it can last very long, this really scares me as i have only got 3 months of college left and i have already missed a whole week and am behind on so much work but i tried going in yesterday and couldnt cope, i felt sick, had a banging headache with pressure and felt extremely lightheaded. i am also going to have a blood test for anemia or anything else it could be but is there anything positive on inner ear problems, like will it get better soon? because i really cant bare the thought of it lasting long, i just want to feel better again

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
(female)

dkw5023 HB User
Re: can someone please please help me, ive been worried sick

I no what you are going through. I have a huge fear of dizziness and last april the docs told me i had labryinthsis or something but i never had truely spinning bad dizziness it was only a few times and wouldnt last long and it was only when i moved my neck. but it didnt seem like BPPV. so then i went to an ent an he said I could have never had Labsrythnsis and tht it was prob anixety related. He could tell I was super nervous.

I dont how bad ur dizziness is...but if it is just minor and if it seems to get better when ur home or when ur watching tv or getting ur mind of it...then I would say its stress and anxiety....I no telling you try and not worry about it is soo hard...b/c it has been a year nd I still worry "what if I get dizzy" "is this an inner ear problem" go to an ent and see what they say?

ALSO
my neck has been out of wack ever since i started to feel bad last april and i have tingling in my shoulder blade. i went to a physical therapist and they said my neck was out of wack and it would be casuing the dizziness b/c i only get dizziness when my neck it crunched or bent for a long time and then i move it and i get dizzy.

so I dont if this helped but I have been through hell this year and I wasnt even that dizzy and i wasnt dizzy 24/7 so i cant imgaine how you are feeling if u are truely dizzy....

go to an ENT
and surround yourself with family and friends who can comfort you
and talk to a therapist or someone
and STAY OFF THESE SITES

believe me I have made myself SICK reading about all these sickness..and thinking I have them!

I hope you feel better

keep me posted!

Old 03-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
(female)

Blanche Irene HB User

You could have Meniere's Disease. I've had it for 28 years.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
(female)

Aff HB User

ahh yeah its always good to hear from others about it! and your right reading everything seems to be making me so much worse but i dont know i cant get my head around it, thats the thing i dont get the type of dizziness where everythings spinning its more like a sudden one where its a falling sensation although i could be laying down or sitting down and once it passes it leaves me feeling horrible for days after! last night i was sleeping and i woke up with this sudden dizziness again and then started shivering and got a bad headache with pressure once it had passed! there must be something causing this all but im sure ive become stressed from all this aswell which doesnt help! i constantly feel lightheaded and weak..ill probably go back and see the nurse on friday! and then ill get my blood test out the way and just see how it goes from there

Old 03-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
(female)

covcity0 HB User

Do you still drive? I have had symptoms for years but this attack the worst-it takes over my whole body, shaking, sickness etc. I also need to work full-time. Any advice please. What medication do you take? Thanks. Ruth

Old 03-25-2010, 08:36 AM   #6
(female)

Aff HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by covcity0 View Post
Do you still drive? I have had symptoms for years but this attack the worst-it takes over my whole body, shaking, sickness etc. I also need to work full-time. Any advice please. What medication do you take? Thanks. Ruth
have you been diagnosed with anything?

Old 03-26-2010, 01:26 AM   #7
(female)

covcity0 HB User

I am going to see an ENT consultant today but he hasnt been very helpful. I wear 2 hearing aids, he talks to me & asks how I have been; then tells me to keep taking the betahistine. he also prescribed cyclizine which made me worse so GP stopped it. I want to ask him questions today cos I'm fed up of it all. N-one has offered me any tests etc

Old 04-01-2010, 03:56 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

jackie1981 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by covcity0 View Post
I am going to see an ENT consultant today but he hasnt been very helpful. I wear 2 hearing aids, he talks to me & asks how I have been; then tells me to keep taking the betahistine. he also prescribed cyclizine which made me worse so GP stopped it. I want to ask him questions today cos I'm fed up of it all. N-one has offered me any tests etc
Just wondering how you made out at the ENT Covcity0?

Closed Thread