It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2001, 06:58 PM   #1

Robco HB User
Dizzy, ears ring, room spins.... my remedy!!

My symptoms appeared about two yrs. ago..high piched noise in lt.ear, pressure, noise,ringing, buzzing,and severe dizziness which eventually lead to vomiting. I couldn't get out of bed.

Thought I was dying! Had the MRI, audio tests, blood work etc. My Dr. feels I have MENIERE'S disease. He immediately restricted all salt and wanted me to take a diuretic. I drastically reduced my salt intake, but afraid to take the pills, I decided to try some alternative medicine.

I took manganese and an over the counter herbal water pill twice a day. In about 6-8 weeks the noise, pressure and dizziness started to go away.

I now drink a lot of bottled water everyday, watch my salt intake, and I hardly ever eat Chinese food as I noticed it worsens my condition.

When ever I feel an attack coming on, I force myself to drink excessive amounts of water... sounds wierd, but it works for me!

I still have a high pitched noise in the ear, but it's no where near what it was (Thank God)!

Old 07-14-2001, 01:43 AM   #2

ramesh7 HB User
Re: Dizzy, ears ring, room spins.... my remedy!!

Thanks for your message. I am also Sufferring from the same disease and have tried everything except what you were doing! I am now drinking about 8 liters of water and with in 10 days the results were excellant. i would be happy if you can tell me the water pills name and in what form are you taking Manganese. thanking u once again.
Ramesh

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2001, 10:04 AM   #3

iceprincess777 HB User

Hi does Maganese have magnesium in it? Just wondering because a friend of mine had Meniere's and he started taking magnesium tablets a while ago and he is virtually symptom free. His doctor suggested that he do this.
His web site is: <A HREF="http://www.waldo.net" TARGET=_blank>www.waldo.net</A>
check it out!
Good luck!

Old 07-14-2001, 04:35 PM   #4

Robco HB User

I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better! The water pill I still take once in a while is called "Chroma Slim Water Pill", I purchased it in the grocery store. I just bought a new one in the "Vitamin Shoppe" store an it's called "herburetic", it has a red white and blue label and the word "KAL" in a circle on the left top corner of the bottle. It has almost the same herbs as the chroma slim, and I haven't tried it yet.

As far as the manganese is concerned, I bought it in the vitamin shoppe also, and it's a 10mg. capsule by Twinlab. Best of luck and good health to you.

Closed Thread