It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2001, 08:26 PM   #1

Timko HB User
Ear and Throat Problems

Hi, a few years ago I had this nervous habit of sticking things in my ears like my fingers and scraping my ear wax out. Then, I really compacted the ear wax and had to have my ears flushed out. Now, several years later I have a wide range of ear problems. First, if I let ear wax build up, my ears start to feel okaey, but it's really gross for the people around me and I have had people ask me why I don't clean my ears. Yet, if I do clean them, my ears can start to pop and crackle a lot (especially in cars, like when changing altitude). They also pop seem to pop in the morning when I am just waking up in bed. Also, I get a sort of itchy sensation sometimes in my ears. When I go swimming I get clogged up ears sometimes. Also, I am not sure if it is related to the ears, but I seem to have throat problems too. I get this strange itchy sensation in the back of throat as if little particles of food are stuck back there. This symptom comes and goes. Its a really annoying sensation. Also, I sometimes get a dry mouth or a burning sensation on the roof of my mouth. I also sometimes have a really hard time swallowing my saliva. Then, when I finally manage to swallow, I get a burning sensation in the back of my mouth. Also, chlorinated water in pools seems to cause a burning sensation in my mouth. Besides the ear flushing, I have used ear wax removers, q-tips, and hydrogen peroxide to try and stop my excessive ear wax problems. Could someone tell me if any of these methods or products have side effects that could be causing my ear problems? I would appreciate anyone's suggestions on how to fix my ear problems. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread