It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2001, 01:44 AM   #1

havit2 HB User
Ringing in ear gotten worse!!

Hi All! Really glad to have found this website. I have had ringing in my left ear for as far as I can remember. The ringing has been tolerable but lately the intensity has gone up quite a bit and it's becoming really bothersome, especially at night.

Two months ago, I was diagnosed with a defective cochlea in my right ear. Specifically, my right ear was, and still is, having a drainage problem that results in increase pressure and feeling of fullness and hummimg. I've been taking Dyazide, a diuretic, for a couple of weeks now. It seems to help cause I notice the humming and fullness has slowly and significantly decreased in intensity. Before the Dyazide, I was on two types of antibiotics and Nasonex, a nasal spray.

My question is, could the Dyazide have made my ear ringing worse? or were there any other factors involved? Are there any drugs that can help decrease the ringing? Any suggestions truly appreciated!

Neil

The Following User Says Thank You to havit2 For This Useful Post:
Lucy315 (04-22-2012)
Old 06-01-2001, 10:17 PM   #2

Lolly HB User
Re: Ringing in ear gotten worse!!

Hi Neil,

You sound like you have just what I have. my ear feels full and it wont pop. it has an awful buzzing and refridgerator like sound as well as a high tone hich alternates between two pitches. Last night my left ear decided to chime in with a cricket sound and dull tone. My brain gets confused focusing on the two ears alternitively. Mate i don't have answers for ya. But i just started beconase spray for chronic sinusitis and i tell ya my ear noise has increased. i hope you get better. cheers
Lolly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread